Any Ideas

Turbo85T

Hey Guys, I was driving through a very HEAVY rainstorm last week and my faithful 85 T Type just shut down. I figured something must have gotten wet. The engine did start back up and I drove on, the car shut down again and I would get it started again and it got me home after about 10 times of doing this. It seemed as long as the car was accelerating it was ok when you would take your foot off the gas it would die. The car backfired through the throttle body and my daughter followed me in her car and said it shot fire out the exhaust. I pulled the codes and I got 14,22,24 and 31. The mods to the car , Walbro 340 pump, No Catalitic Converter, The car has been real reliable up till now. 110k on car. Any help would be appricated.:smile:

First off, here is a great site. :cool:
Vortex Turbo Buick Performance

On the left, follow the "trouble shooting" link
Go to "Trouble codes"
Selects the ones you see and follow the tree.
Look for common problems between the codes.

Did the ECM connectors get wet as in "Car leaks"? :confused:

Thank's Jerryl, I thought I might try my other ECM and see if thats it. The car starts fine and runs good until it gets to operating temp. Hal

Thank's Jerryl, I thought I might try my other ECM and see if thats it. The car starts fine and runs good until it gets to operating temp. Hal

Hey Hal.

Maybe try some WD40 on the connectors.
The ones under the hood "Should be" water tight, but maybe disconnect them and spray with some WD40 and see if that solves it. Of course, if it runs ok now after some "drying time", it may be harder to determine the cause(s).

I would try the easy connectors first:
Temp sender, TPS, MAF, and than ECM ..........

Let me know how it turns out.