Any Hot Airs in New Jersey or Close By?

racemybuick

Hot Air Teacher/Student
I've been trying to get things together for my car for quite sometime, and just when things start to pick up, I get a tuition bomb dropped on my ass. As of now, I got the lear interior complete, the motor, the intake, the heads in a shop right now, and I started detailing the engine compartment....Guess what...I got no $$$ at all for this now. SO, another summer it will sit, and I will enjoy staring at the title to the car, and maybe by the fall, I can scrounge up enough $$ to get it started again.

As Per local Hot air's, I was wondering where all the hot air cars are located. Being that I am so discouraged with my car right now, I would love to get a bunch of our car's out to a cruise night, or to a race track. I would be as happy as a pig in $hit if just a couple of our cars were together in one parking lot. I know STEVE is in del, dont think he wants to trek up to Norhtern NJ for just a cruise night, unless we were to make a big show or sumthin... I am not sure where everyone else is located? Chime in and let me know where you are, and maybe we can make it to one of these big weekend cruises, or maybe even get a little representation at one of the tracks like Island or Englishtown.

Thanks for listening to my B.S.!

John

Actually i'm in PA, near philly to be exact ;)

I have not a cent to spare on the GN either, dont ask me why but I just bought a truck that i can't afford:rolleyes: so making payments is my first priority. I had to stop spending on the GN anyways, I had the UPS man at my door 3 x's a week, i can't tell you how much i spent on the b!tch last year and how many days of work i took off to work on the car :p

Now I'm just going to drive it and enjoy it as is for now and just do small things (elec fan, radiator, MAT, stuff like that).
COME TO THE NEXT MAGNA MEET! i'll be there with the hotair. its next saturday. Kind of a long drive for you and not exactly an all day event but maybe we can organize something for after to make the trip worthwhile, hit up the turobuicks board and see if anyones interested.

later, steve

Hey steve, sorry bout that, thought you were down south for some reason or another....I might not be able to go to the MAGNA meet, I planned on it, but being that everyone is on summer break from college, my best friend is having his bachelor's party the same day/night. I was hoping to go and be home by 6 or 7, but I dont even know how to get to turnersville. I still may go, but I will be calling it very close for the party.

As for your car, HOW IS IT??? I know you got a ton of work done...Get a slip yet? Do you know any other hot air boys and girls locally? I keep in touch with a few, but they are no where near here. I am getting my bro an 85 t-type from Mass., but that is going to be his project (pit) lol. Keep in touch, and hopefully I can meet ya finally at fudruckers in a week!

John

Hey John,
Bridgewater, NJ Here not far from you. I like most of us have my 85 GN on hold till thiings settle down a bit around here. I am in process of replacing turbo and trying to find out why my car is making a loud clunking sound .... Time is the issue so the Buick sits till I am ready hopefully it will be ready in a couple weeks.

I am not on the boards much lately so Email me if you head to the track..

Bill
NHRABill@Yahoo.com
www.ServiceGeek.com