any guys in the d.c. metro area running alky...

peterkin

..it isn't rocket science
i'm out in manassas and i would like to ride in someones car that has alky, before and after alky....so if you don't mind turning the boost down to 15-16 psi for pump gas and no alky and then turning the alky on and the boost back up...please post some contact info, i really want to play with the stuff but i wanted to do a comparison of before and after and i needed someone to help me tune my car when i get alky....any help would be greatly appreciated....

Peterkin, Im not in your area, but the difference is night and day. With my stock turbo, intercooler etc, I was lucky to run 13.8 on pump gas, with the alky it was in the high 12s easily. I was running a 108 chip, 93 octane and 21lbs of boost. With the stock turbo your limited to 21 psi, so I was in full race trim all the time with the SMC kit.

good deal...thanks for the info, but i still want to do a comparison...not that i don't believe you, but i just want to feel the difference.....the older guys here in the area don't believe in doing that, but i want to be one of the first guys in the area that hang out in laurel, md at vernons automotive to run alky and be in full race trim all the time....

Peterkin, better do it fast :)

I was headed that direction but I found some oil in my up pipe so the turbo as to come first. But after that's done...

:)

BTW, I saw your car over at Sam's a few days ago. Your timing chain was in even worse condition than mine was!! Good thing you had t done when you did.

Charles Brooks

i can come out there tonight, i'm not doing anything...it's up to you...email me, or call:
336-587-6304 ( yes i still have a north carolina number )

Come on by, I'll be headed over to Sam's around 4:30 to tinker with cars.

I left you a voice mail just in case you didn't check here soon.

Charles Brooks

I think I was one of the first ones in this area to have alky. Its coming up on a year since I first installed it. Best mod I have done so far, and that is on top of a pte-54, cas v-4, art carr 9" etc.

I DON'T HAVE MY KIT ON YET BECAUSE I SENT IT BACK TO STEVE TO UPGRADE. HE SAYS HE WILL SEND IT BACK OUT THIS WEEK. I TOO WILL LOOK FOR SOME ADVICE WHEN TUNING AND INSTALLING THIS KIT. I LIVE NEAR ANDREWS AIR FORCE BASE AND HAVE A TTA. SHOULD BE ABLE TO RUN SOLID 11'S WHEN DONE.

yeah...you will be in the 11's easily with it...i was just out that way today at sam's house to kinda hang out while brooks changed his injectors.....you should come up to vernons sometimes on saturdays to hang out with everyone....let me know if you need directions or follow someone up.....