any GN powered 4th gen F bodys?

beenen

looking to see if anyone has crammed the GN heart into a 4th gen f body?

or does anyone know someone that has and could post up info about it?

thanks

The 3800 Series II engine that came in them is a much better engine and is easy to super charge or turbo. It makes a much better platform performance wise than the original Buick turbo V6 ever thought of.

That's what I'm thinking since I came across the thread of someone putting the 3800 into their GN lol

looking to see if anyone has crammed the GN heart into a 4th gen f body?

thanks
looking to see if anyone has crammed the GN heart into a 4th gen f body?en

thanks
Beenen that would you be a great idea I have a 97 convertible Camaro showcar that turned out great. I would be more than happy to help you out feel free to contact me with any questions you may have or want to see pics. Charlief1 why do you open your mouth because you don't have much automotive knowledge let alone a clue do you?

Charlief1 why do you open your mouth because you don't have much automotive knowledge let alone a clue do you?
Would you really like to put that to the test?:D Might want to find out who I am before making a stupid claim like that.:rolleyes:

Would you really like to put that to the test?:D Might want to find out who I am before making a stupid claim like that.:rolleyes:

Ouch.. Charlie.. Hes right.. Just give it up man.. ;). Get REAL Dcall919. Charlie has forgotten more about cars than you have ever known. I also happen to agree with him on the subject! The S2 3800 is one hell of a motor. They respond VERY well to boost.

Well....the Series II engine has a 6 bolt main including cross bolts, as well as symetrical heads that are designed off the Stage II racing heads. A lower block deck as well as a better rod to stroke ratio. The PCH is less on the pistons which means a lighter rotating assembly. Right there you just went into the area of a 9 second block on a 109 RWD casting with a girdle. The machine work for the 109 to be even close to the Series II engine would run you in the $5K+ for just the short block.:D And there's a Seires II engine installed in a GN right now running in the low 9's with almost nothing done to it other than a cam change, custom headers, and a turbo.:eek:

If I could figure out wiring.. I would make one to look just like a stock GN engine..

It's not as hard as you think Zack. Just identify the parts of the engine harness you need to make it work and the rest is pretty much junk.:)

Ill start reading. Do you know if the 9s car is running a 200R4 or a newer tranny like the 4l60, etc?

It's in the general section and if I remember right he's running the 4L60E in it beefed up quite a bit. It's in the general section and it's called Series 2 in a grand national if I remember right.:)

Charlief1 why do you open your mouth because you don't have much automotive knowledge let alone a clue do you?

LMAO. Your not very smart are you? You are a new member, with a this being your second post and you finish by insulting one of the moderaters? Your time here will be limited. But I am willing to bet it won't be Charlief1 that boots you..........

Wasn't there a nice looking red Camaro convertable for sale a few years ago that had a tb in it?

a stock other than cam and timing chain series 2 short block has been 8.6 @159 in a fwd GP ( factory assembly too!!) - Buick and GM continued to evolve engine tech based on knowledge gained from excellent engines like the one found in the GN

the series 2/3 engines were devolped by gm powertrain around the exact same time as the lsx series v8's..........lot of basic principles shared , simple , pushrod engines that breathe well with stout lower ends

I have/had one, but i just pulled the motor this past weekend to sell it all. let me know if you want parts :D