any engines for sale?

jprincess

looking for a replacement engine for my 85 t type.
let me know whats out there reasonable cost.

After the 3 used engines I've been through in the last 4 years, I'd probably build your own. I would have saved about twice what I've spent in total if I had just built my own from the start, instead of getting "good deals."

engine

a good friend of mine has a complete 87 engine with engine and harness available but i turned him down do to it being too hard to make work in a hot air car. Too much work is needed to make it run as im better off keeping the hot air setup right?

if you change your mind let me know as you would get the wiring harness and ecm etc. basically everything you would need to bolt in your car and run. I imagine your friend didn't have a harness or maybe ecm etc. as the swap is usually very straight forward and can be done in a weekend and the benefits of the 86/87 setup are far better than the hotair for performance and parts. good luck on you search mike.

Like New Rebuilt 85 gn block (3000 miles)-the guy went to a stage 2 motor--20 bolt oil pan-arp head studs-also comes with glassbeaded intake -$1300. plus shipping Matt 347 680 8642. Where are you located -will help out with delivery 100 miles from PA.

btw he has the engine, intercooler, harness, ecm and mass air sensor.

i heard that it wasnt a straight forward swap, thats why i was looking for another hot air motor.

motor swap

I did the 86-87 motor swap on my 85 - glad i did - car is 10 times better now then when it was hot air. In my opinion the swap was very easy, if you buy the complete conversion that is,harness, ecm, intercooler, etc. you wont be disappointed if you do. but thats just my opinion :biggrin: