Any El Camino hybrids out there?

DONT CUT IT!! and dont use a double clamped rubber hose either. There is a fitting that will go from that pipe thread to an an-6. you are on the right path using the factory feed line as a return, and using a stainless braded line with an inline "cleanable" filter. that is exactly what I did in my car. I'll call you monday. Later.:cool:

elky hybrid

all new 150 miles it's available now

Attachments

• turbo elcamino1.jpg
    turbo elcamino1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 723
  • turbo elcamino2.jpg
    turbo elcamino2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 718
  • turbo elcamino3.jpg
    turbo elcamino3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 721
  • turbo elcamino4.jpg
    turbo elcamino4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 721
  • turbo elcamino5.jpg
    turbo elcamino5.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 724
great idea, love to build one, too many projects for now. anyone got pics of a GN on like a blazer frame. saw one years ago, looks cool with some 33" tires. Another project!!

Can someone advise on any trans crossmember advice? Which one to use, where to drill the frame for the GN crossmember, ect? Any help appreciated.

Can someone advise on any trans crossmember advice? Which one to use, where to drill the frame for the GN crossmember, ect? Any help appreciated.

If you have a Turbo Regal crossmember, then you can use that. But since you have an 81, the mount on the frame that it bolts to won't be there(driver's side). You can either cut that off of a G-body frame from 84 or newer, and weld it to yours, or you can go to crossmembers.com. They have a crossmember that you can use to add a 2004R to any Gbody. If it is older than 84, then they have a bolt in adapter so that you don't have to cut and weld to your frame. If you already have a crossmember, then you can just buy the adapter, part # FE-100.

I took the sender to a local speed shop to try and find the correct AN fittings where they suggested cutting the tube, removing the factory metric fitting, and using a compression fitting. First off, I worry about a compression fitting under constant pressure.

I contacted a guy on here when I did mine. He made me a pair of compression fittings and tested them up to 80 psi and left them at that for about a day. I used them on my car for over 3 years and they were still holing pressure fine. I have an extra pair but don't want to part with them. I can see if I can find his name but you could just do a search on my old posts and it should pop up.
I used braided hose too.

Wagon, that's just what I needed to know. I'm afraid I went into this thinking a G body is a G body, but I'm finding out these subtle differences as I go. Thanks for the link, it's just what I needed.

progress pics

Progress is slow but steady.

Attachments

• IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_0277.JPG
    IMG_0277.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_0278.JPG
    IMG_0278.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 624
Wagon, that's just what I needed to know. I'm afraid I went into this thinking a G body is a G body, but I'm finding out these subtle differences as I go. Thanks for the link, it's just what I needed.

Did you know that you will also need a custom driveshaft? The El Camino is longer than the Regal. You can use the El Camino driveshaft, if you use the same 7.5 rear end, but if you put the Regal's 8.5, then you will have to have it shortened.

Also, make sure that you get the throttle cable from a turbo Regal.

I do have an 8.5, that's it in the picture. I'm aware of the driveshaft issue, but I have one from a hot air Buick and it may fit as is. I also have the complete pedal assembly complete with the cable.

Hey Phil, I wonder where your brother might find some competant TR help in the Corpus Christi area? Good luck with it, and have him post up as y'all go.

I do have an 8.5, that's it in the picture. I'm aware of the driveshaft issue, but I have one from a hot air Buick and it may fit as is. I also have the complete pedal assembly complete with the cable.

Nope, the El Camino is longer. I'm not sure by how much. Four inches comes to mind, but I don't know why. But you can't use one from a Turbo Regal, because it will be too short. You can't use one from an El Camino, because with the 8.5 rear, it will be too long. You will have to get the one from the Elky shortened, or have a custom one made.