any difference in billet forward drums?

sailbrd

I have a great local tranny builder so just need to start collecting some hardcore parts. Is there any difference in the billet parts?

To answer your question, are there any differences in billet shafted forward drums, all I can say is yes and no. It is mostly preference, but there are workmanship differences. My billet parts are direct drop in pieces and I do supply many reputable builders on and off this forum. I am sure you will get many opinions.

Thats stock parts that are heated treated not a billet shaft. Yes they hold up better than stock but not the same strength IMO

To answer your question, are there any differences in billet shafted forward drums, all I can say is yes and no. It is mostly preference, but there are workmanship differences. My billet parts are direct drop in pieces and I do supply many reputable builders on and off this forum. I am sure you will get many opinions.

YES there IS a difference. :biggrin:

Ya I have used them in a few cars over the years.. I broke one out of maybe 12/15 we put in. Ran em down to the low 10s @ 130+ ..

Dan were you dual feeding? I guess when you dual feed the stock ones will break on the 2-3 shift at WOT. I am going to attempt my first transmission rebuild over the winter, just wondering and trying to read up in advance.

Dan were you dual feeding? I guess when you dual feed the stock ones will break on the 2-3 shift at WOT. I am going to attempt my first transmission rebuild over the winter, just wondering and trying to read up in advance.

yes we were dual feeding it. Save yourself the aggravation an go to the billet piece.. Sitting on the side of the road/highway sucks waiting for a tow.:p

Thanks everyone, no doubts about the need for the billet forward drum. Going to 10 pounds of boost on the 462 so I think the trans will need a little extra help. :rolleyes:

Well,
Here's my billet drum !! None available when I broke it and am now running an Art Carr heat treated drum?? This is in a 10 sec. car. We'll see.

Attachments

• 1908.jpg
    1908.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 236
There are several sources excellent sources for the parts you'd need. Chris at CKperformance, David Husek, and John at stageright transmissions could all help you out with what you need.