Any campers with dry camp experience keeping battery charged

chadly

I’ve been camping 5 years now. I have a hard side camper trailer. I have never once camped without electricity. I’m now learning what it will take to camp a week or more with no hook ups. I will need a good battery every night to run the furnace as it will be cold. I have a generator and they are permitted during certain times with no noise restriction. Mine is large and noisy but would work. Pretty sure my neighbors would hate me and I would not enjoy loading and unloading it. I would love to leave it home. So I can buy a small quiet generator and my problems for the week are solved. However, after the week of camping I have no use for the generator as I mentioned I already have one and will be going bad camping with hook ups. Seems like a large expense I could avoid. I’ve been trying to research if I can put jumper cables from my tow vehicle to the camper and let it idle for an hour if that would FULLY charge the battery. I figured some of you would have knowledge on this. Can anyone set me straight? Thanks in advance.

You could get a solar charger from a 2 amp unit for $13, or a 100 amp solar panel like my neighbor has for his RV when hunting in the woods!