Any Anti-Freezes That Won't Eat Bearings?

XLR8

Lost at Altitude
Are there any anti-freezes that won't destroy your bearings if it gets into your oil? I live in Colorado and can not run just water and RMI-25 due to the low winter temperatures we can get around here.

Read the back of the bottle and see if it's silica free. Dexcool is suposed to be silica free as well.

What Charlie Said.

BTW,
Evans coolants are a rip-off. Read the MSDS for their various coolants and compare with other off the shelf coolants and you'll find some interesting stuff.

Toyota red

I've never seen any bearing failures on coolant in the oil on any Toyota's yet. Granted i've only been doing it 5 years but it is something to think about. I'll read the back of a coolant bottle tomorrow at work and look for silica.

While not as well known, Pentosin (German) is a nitrite, amine, phosphate free coolant that doesn't harm metals. It can usually be found at any Audi or Volkswagen dealer.

After all the problems with Dexcool over the years you people are still using it?? :eek:

dex

People still use Dexcool because the formula has changed about 4 years ago.Intake gaskets leaking was the cause , when run low on coolant it would turn to mud. The new dexcool wont do that, new stuff smells like home made wine and is more pink than red in color. Try some you will run cooler by 10 to 15degrees.

People still use Dexcool because the formula has changed about 4 years ago.Intake gaskets leaking was the cause , when run low on coolant it would turn to mud. The new dexcool wont do that, new stuff smells like home made wine and is more pink than red in color. Try some you will run cooler by 10 to 15degrees.

My system never ran low, but the stuff still turned to mud and ruined almost everything in the system.
I got bamboozled bad by that crap. Lesson learned.

No thanks, I'll stay away from it.