Antique tags!

grocerygetter

Lol...yeah! AR offers antique tags to any car 25 years or older. It's a lifetime tag so it saves some registration money. I am getting it next week.

i put collector plates (well- plate.. MN only requires a rear plate when it's registered as a collector) on my Regal in '07. never have to buy tabs again and there are no restrictions on usage. i save $40 a year not buying tabs and the front of the car looks a lot better without that stupid plate or it's bracket hanging off the bumper.

Indiana allows you to use the year of manufacture plate. The Indiana plate in 1987 wasn't a very good looking plate. I have a 1987 plate but I doubt I would do it.
To get antique plates in Indiana a State police officer has to inspect the car before you can get the plates.

Virginia allows plates from year of vehicle or they have antique plates available at DMV. No annual registration or inspections for life. They only require that you have another vehicle registered in your name, as the limits are on how you use it. No work, school or daily driving. I have original 72 plates on my 72 Monte, but regular ones on the 86 GN.

Got lucky today on the 1st inspection since I bought it. When I purchased mine it already came with duals, cutout pipe, and w/no cats, and a fresh VA inspection sticker in Nov 2011. My mechanic had it on the lift today for the 2012 inspection and was looking all over for the cat. Told him it did not have one and I thought it was too old to be required. He said it does not pass in VA, but he knows my cars and said he would put a sticker on it.:cool: If I get pulled, "the exhaust was modified after today, officer SIR!!" :biggrin::biggrin:

Carl