anti virus

hello people; As I said before I'm a puter genius but can you run a 2011 program now or do you have to wait for 2011?
IBBY

??? Thats like the dealer saying... "Well, You can buy this '11 Camaro now but you have to wait until January to drive it!"

??? Thats like the dealer saying... "Well, You can buy this '11 Camaro now but you have to wait until January to drive it!"

hello people; Genius question 454. If that's the case why would you buy an older AV when you can get the latest? Is it the price?
IBBY

hello people; Genius question 454. If that's the case why would you buy an older AV when you can get the latest? Is it the price?
IBBY

It doesn't even look like you can buy AVG 2010 anymore... At least you cant off of their site.. Just 2011... The links I posted should already be cracked or have license #'s with them, so.... You don't have to buy anything... The zip file should have a "read me" notepad file attached with instructions. If not just install and enjoy!

P.S I like to remove any old antivirus software FIRST before installing the new stuff.

But, Like a few guys posted above.... If you are a newbie it might be easier to just buy your software and DL directly from the site... It can be tricky sometimes when installing software that needs to be cracked and or needs to be updated in the future.

hello people; As I said before I'm a puter genius but can you run a 2011 program now or do you have to wait for 2011?
IBBY

the clock start when you register it
and the updating is automatic
1 or 2 time a day sometime

whatever year a updated virus data base is the most important

imo

claude

hello people; The LT came with Norton as a AV what do think of that for a AV?
IBBY
It's a memory and process hog. We used to use Norton at my business until one day doign an upgrade of the AV software it hung up. It was because the other part of it, System Works had not been upgraded. I called their supportless group and after several tries the poor overseas soul told me I would have to reformat the harddrive to correct it!!! What kind of a freakin' AV software is that....I could have just done that when I got a virus I told the #$%$#%#$$$#!! I hung up, and figured out on my own a way to recover from it without reformatting, wrote a letter to them and demanded my money back for their worthless software and actually got it, and will never use it again. The paid version of AVG has worked very well for my business machines for years and does not bog the machine down when its running in the background like Norton used to do. AVG's renewal period is every 2 years also so it doesn't seem like every time you boot up the software has expired...I beleive it was about half the price of Norton and good for twice as long.

I think the people selling the AV software are the same people making the viruses.
I've beleived this since the beginning of AV software :eek: What better way to stay in business and there is no way to trace where the virus started :D

It's a memory and process hog. We used to use Norton at my business until one day doign an upgrade of the AV software it hung up. It was because the other part of it, System Works had not been upgraded. I called their supportless group and after several tries the poor overseas soul told me I would have to reformat the harddrive to correct it!!! What kind of a freakin' AV software is that....I could have just done that when I got a virus I told the #$%$#%#$$$#!! I hung up, and figured out on my own a way to recover from it without reformatting, wrote a letter to them and demanded my money back for their worthless software and actually got it, and will never use it again. The paid version of AVG has worked very well for my business machines for years and does not bog the machine down when its running in the background like Norton used to do. AVG's renewal period is every 2 years also so it doesn't seem like every time you boot up the software has expired...I beleive it was about half the price of Norton and good for twice as long.

I believe it... Norton is the worst... It also likes to change the settings on your PC if you aren't carefull... I have also found it is a pain in the a** to remove completely from your system... The only good things I have heard is the new version is not so bad... I still would use anything else but Norton!

I believe it... Norton is the worst... It also likes to change the settings on your PC if you aren't carefull... I have also found it is a pain in the a** to remove completely from your system... The only good things I have heard is the new version is not so bad... I still would use anything else but Norton!

The new Norton 360 is night and day from the old versions but, I am always scared when I have to install it for people. The old versions were worse than an actual infection sometimes.

I have also found it is a pain in the a** to remove completely from your system...
Yes, took me several weeks to get it all off...nothing would show up under applications and add/remove software..think you got it all then a few days later it pops up again or I would find another directly for it or System Works.
There were several down loads I had to pull down for removal of it.

The best AV is to buy an Apple :D

Hello people; Both my college kid niece and my sister both have apples and I like using there LT but I wanted a bigger screen without paying a bundle. But what does the apple use? I just asked my sis and she doesn't know.
IBBY

hello people; Stupid question 327. As I said my LT came with Norton AV and last night I just clicked on it and a screen came up to activate it. I did and it went thru a crap load of areas and found like 95 problem areas. I hit fix it and it said it did. But I thought it did that on it's own. So I guess you have to activate it to make it work. Is this true?
IBBY

hello people; Stupid question 327. As I said my LT came with Norton AV and last night I just clicked on it and a screen came up to activate it. I did and it went thru a crap load of areas and found like 95 problem areas. I hit fix it and it said it did. But I thought it did that on it's own. So I guess you have to activate it to make it work. Is this true?
IBBY
I am guessing that you do have to activate if it came on the LT, since its good for a certain amount of time, when you buy the LT you activate it to start that time frame that it is good for...so its not burning up the time when its sitting on the shelf to be sold at the store.
Apple's OS is alot harder to hack, Windows is very easy and alot of it is published so that you can hook multiple Windows servers up together..in laymans terms...Apple's OS layers are not published, hence the reason its is difficult for Apple to crack into the business/commercial world of scalable servers. A virus can be on an Apple system, but when there are many more systems running Windows, why would a hacker go thru that extra trouble to infect less people/computers. Also, alot of virus/malware spread through the use of Outlook as its easily hacked...Lotus notes is or was the email backbone for Apple, its not opensourced and is not very easily hacked unless you have some help from one who has the source code which would be those that helped develope/code it, its just not readily available.

Apple's OS is alot harder to hack, Windows is very easy and alot of it is published so that you can hook multiple Windows servers up together.

Uh..err It is less secure... The Macs have an unfortunate history of falling first since Vista was released. Just google pwn2own and you will see the results of all the fun hacking contests. I run Linux, bsd and Windows OSes the real threat is the Apple "Genius" that gives the false sense of security to a computer purchaser just so they can make a sale. The word virus is throw out there because that is what people associate with MS products. Computer security is multi layered and the OS being protected is only a fraction of the total use of a system. Apple users ignore all the other threats and soon fall victim without even knowing it.

Apple put in malware protection to their OS in a recent upgrade.