antennae wiring

bq93

I am having a fit with my power antennae.

The PO of my car cut the harness to install a sony head unit. It works fine, but the power antennae wont go up or retract. The motor is fine. If I jump it under the hood it performs flawlessly.

Although the wires were all spliced I can see that the power antennae wire from the head unit was never connected. The wiring diagram Ive seen shows a pink wire as being to the antennae, but I dont have one on my six speaker concert II system. I see an orange wire and a pink and orange wire running from the relay behind the glove box, and I can find an orange and pink wire behind the radio, but it doesn't do anything.

Any clue as to which wires I need to connect to get the power antennae to function? Other than this the system is great - it just gets frustrating tracking these small issues down.

Also would it be easier to purchase the factory plugs from someone parting a car and start over with an adapter? I just need to get it to work.

No one knows what I’m talking about?

Electronics are definitely not my thing – but it seems like one of those wires under there powers the antennae (or is it two?).

I can’t find a diagram anywhere that tells me which wire that might be. Surely someone has run into this problem before.

I know the pink wire that goes from the radio to the relay is the signal to make the antenna go up and down. I connected it to my signal wire on my stereo and it works just as it should....relay clicks and all.

The orange wire I can't seem to remember. I think it is hot power to the relay but don't know for sure. Maybe the Captain will chime in.
I remember seeing it behind the radio housing, but I don't hink it wired into the radio harness.

HTH
Z

The diagrams say it is the pink wire as well. For the life of me I can’t find a pink wire up there anywhere.

Again, I have an aftermarket radio and someone cut the harness to splice the radio in. As you know the wires come from a few different places up there. Maybe I will inventory each of the wires and where it comes from and you guys can tell me where to go from there.

I guess I need to dig around again for that freakin pink wire.

Zeus is right the pink goes to the radio for ant control(+ out when radio turns on).the orange wire should be on constant power(+ battery).
look behind glove box in the passenger kick.there youll find the p ant relay (if its there).tie into your two wire listed above there if you have to.

That’s my last option if I can’t track that freakin pink wire down – to just run wire over and tie in by the relay. I don’t know why I can’t find it behind the radio.