Antenna Wire??

Yedi

ya, the Monte over there.
Removed my fender mounted antenna, and installed a new windshield w/ built in antenna...I need an extension wire to connect the windshield the the antenna wire now located under the dash.

Can I just cut the end off and splice in a wire?? or is this like a coaxial wire??

Any help is appreciated!

hey yedi just wondering will u b splicing and extending from the factory plug that goes into the back of the stereo? im very interested as to how the window antenna hooks up to the radio its on my to do list thanx

you can go to any good radio shop that is local to you and get a antenna extension and adaptor.

The Window antenna is supposed to hook up to a plug in, located in the cowl, right below the windshield...

I plan on extending the wire behind the dash from the stereo to the new plug located on the windshield....I'll check out radio shack or another car audio place one of these days..not quit to that point yet.

still need one

Here's the problem, the plug in coming off the windshield is a different size than the one from the Radio... Does anyone have the factory Cowl plug in, or know of an adapter??

Snap a pic of the plug u have from the windshield I'll be going to the junkyard this weekend I'll see if I come across anything

turbobooster, here ya go... I need the plug that would go in the cowl, where mine has nothing..it would be the "Female" part. let me know if you find anything, I appreciate it!

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 175
  • cowl.jpg
    cowl.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 210
Sorry I didn't get back to u sooner but I also had no luck finding that piece I'll keep an eye though for sure though... Good idea u might have a better chance posting in the wanted section and finding it there good luck

This is what love about GM products......the answer doesnt always lie in the exact model we search for but sometimes is another GM product that holds the solution.......what you need is an adapter to connect the windshield wire to the radio antenna cable.....the only place Ive been able to find it is at LMC trucks on this page here parts #6 and #7 on page 172 on 73-87 GMC/Chevrolet catalog.............let me know if this helps............http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=172
0172.jpg

This is what love about GM products......the answer doesnt always lie in the exact model we search for but sometimes is another GM product that holds the solution.......what you need is an adapter to connect the windshield wire to the radio antenna cable.....the only place Ive been able to find it is at LMC trucks on this page here parts #6 and #7 on page 172 on 73-87 GMC/Chevrolet catalog.............let me know if this helps............LMC Truck Parts - Page 172
0172.jpg

good find! got ahold of Weaver and he hooked me up...

Yedi,

Where did you find the windshield? I only asked one vendpr so far and they said if your car was not equiped with on then it doesnt exist. Obviously, you proved them wrong. I've been thinking about doing the fender swap for years. I prefer the cleaner look with antenna tucked away ;)

Let me know how you like signal. I pretty much listen to itunes, but top 40 and sports are liked, too.

SPOOLN6

Yedi,

Where did you find the windshield? I only asked one vendpr so far and they said if your car was not equiped with on then it doesnt exist. Obviously, you proved them wrong. I've been thinking about doing the fender swap for years. I prefer the cleaner look with antenna tucked away ;)

Let me know how you like signal. I pretty much listen to itunes, but top 40 and sports are liked, too.

SPOOLN6

any major auto glass installer should be able to get you one. Pretty sure all the G-Body's have the same windshield?? could be wrong? I work in the autobody business and know a few autoglass guys in the area, and their cost is pretty cheap for glass.. They also have the side mirror glass available..

I've only listened to the radio once w/ it in my garage, still dont have car all assembled. Signal seemed fine, picked up all the "hard" stations in the area.