Antenna how to ?

microELVIS

Does anyone have an antenna replacment guide ? I will probably be replacing mine soon. How hard is it ?

No, people are just sick of answering the same old question over and over and over.

A quick search of the site would probably find a couple posts on how to actually do it. Browsing through http://www.gnttype.org will actually find the step by step article here http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/bodygauges/antenna.html

That took me all of about 3-5 mins of looking.

I'm not tyring to be a total smart a$$, but trying first would probably get you help quicker either by you actually finding what you need or people steping forward to provide information that is not readily available.

Let me know how this goes for you. I need to get mine fixed too.

not that hard .
mine was broken when i bought my car
theres a bolt in the door jam area that holds the lower portion of the antenna assembly , remove that
loosen the plastic inner fender liner and remove the lower fender bolts (turn tire fully right or better yet remove it it will be easier )
then disconect the anntenna wires and antenna leadin under the hood(tape a wire or rope to the antenna connectors to make pulling the new wires up easier)
remove the mast nut at the fender top and lower the antenna assembly out through the wheelhouse , you will need to pull out the bottom of the fender a little but it should come out easy enough .
tape that rope to the new leads and pull the new wires and antenna assembly back in to place and lightly reinstall the upper mast nut at fender top and then the install in the door jam bolt to the lower antenna bracket , once youve got those done you can bolt the rest all back up,

Originally posted by microELVIS
Point taken, my bad. See, I'm man enough to admit that. :D

Good, I didn't want ya to think I was being a jerk.

Once you get that antenna to go down, you might gain another tenth! :D

The article referred to by Bandit is a good one. I would add to keep removing small bolts in the wheelwell and top of the fender line until the fender can be moved slowly and easily away from the body. You need the room.