Antenna Cable Connection

MSUGTP

I'm in the middle of replacing my antenna and everything came out easily, well easily as it can, and now I'm trying to figure out how to connect the antenna coax cable since the replacement antenna has a different connector than what it's replacing. Below is a picture of the replacement antenna's connector and can see how this has the two holes for this connector to be screwed in like the directions I've read state. Only issue is, I can't find where to it needs to be screwed to! Let me know what you think, thanks!

Actually they're different, below is a pic of the connector on the old antenna, wasn't screwed to anything in the car, it was laying loose as it came into the engine bay from the fender. Where should the new connector be screwed to?

And this is what it connected to in the car:

Well that first picture actually the male end that connects to the female end in the second picture.

Where does the factory antenna connector get screwed down?

there is a connector center cable and a connector the screws to the antenna base .this is the half your missing if you look it is the female side of the make side you have on your new one

Attachments

• IMG_2587 (2).JPG
    IMG_2587 (2).JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 88
at the old antenna mast the coax connects to the mast with two screws

take that cable off the old mast and it will connect to the new

Well that first picture actually the male end that connects to the female end in the second picture.

Where does the factory antenna connector get screwed down?
Wrong the second picture shows the center connector.my picture shows the female side which screws right to the base of the old antenna.2 very short sheet metal screws and the male post(your first picture of the new one) is part of the old antenna base

Yep I got it, that old cable screws onto the new one perfectly fine. Any idea on where I can find one that's not cut? Looks like it got bubba'd at some point

you just need the cable i posted the picture of if the other half is okay this is a spare.trade you for your broken antenna

Yep and that's the cable that's cut. Had a friend helping me with antenna swap and couldn't get the antenna to go down so it got cut off, you're welcome to it if that doesn't matter to you.

no not if the mast got cut man wish i was there i could have saved it.pm me your address