ANS boost controller questions

garyk1970

Electronics Moderator
Staff member
do they work well,and will it work with a oem computer? i see the connections, but there are two din plugs i have no idea where they plug into?adjust boost on the fly will help me tune;)

I have one in my car and yes I do have the OEM computer. I don't have anything to compare it to but I feel it works pretty good. I can't help you with install as I didn't install it and never felt the need to pull it apart to find out how it is installed. Last I knew Unix_Punk has one on his car too. If you're near Chicago I can let you take a look at mine or can take some pics if you want. I might still have the original paperwork on it too.

thanks for the info,im in ga. found one at a "deal" may give it a shot....

Im not 100% sure if it will work on a stock solenoid, Im pretty sure mines not stock... It looks like the harness for it plugs inline with the stock hanress to allow you to switch between chip and ANS control. Once I get home I can snap a pic of mine for you and let you decide. I actually have to pull it off anyway since im doing valve springs soon so ill do that and you can be the judge. Just out of curiosity, how much was it going for? Mine came on the car. I want to say someone else besides blackout has one too, most likely from the chicago area since thats where ANS was. Maybe Turbo6Chicago? Just a guess.

Im not 100% sure if it will work on a stock solenoid, Im pretty sure mines not stock... It looks like the harness for it plugs inline with the stock hanress to allow you to switch between chip and ANS control. Once I get home I can snap a pic of mine for you and let you decide. I actually have to pull it off anyway since im doing valve springs soon so ill do that and you can be the judge. Just out of curiosity, how much was it going for? Mine came on the car. I want to say someone else besides blackout has one too, most likely from the chicago area since thats where ANS was. Maybe Turbo6Chicago? Just a guess.

looks like the plugs are for an OEM solenoid. I haven't negotiated the price yet.;) would be nice to raise boost without touching the hot turbo...

:biggrin: the manual is 7 pages and i have it in front of me Got a fax number and $40 bucks?:biggrin:

Yea, maybe the one I have is just "heavy duty" but I really don't even know what a stock one looks like since I've only had this one on my car.

Ans boost control

I have the ans controller also. Mine has a switch on the back to select HD or stock solenoid. Works fine either way. Controller plugs into solenoid, solenoid pig tail plugs in to the other contoller cable. Set the adjustable wastegate so you have some range of adjustment ( up & down) with the controller Knob. When the controller is turned off boost control is controled by the ecm. A wastegate rod pulled out to far can cause over boost and blown head gaskets so be careful. Good Luck