Another (yawn)5.0 gets horsewhipped

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Slo/Cool/Blackbox: Car has a junk ($500) Paxton supercharger. Man how much faster would it be with a real blower. It's "aftercooled" by a 150 shot of the gas. Should run high 7's in the eighth on DR's, Maybe 7.5's on slicks with just the charger. With the 150 shot of nitrous, prob low low 7's."

Not impressed.....You say it "should" run high 7's on DR's...so on, so forth. You also must have one helluva fuel system to support a Paxton and a 150shot on top of that. Just curious as to what your fuel system setup is like. I've built a few 5.0 stangs, so I'll know if you are BS'ing us or not.
As for the supposed times......I ran 7.42 @ 92 on pump gas, 17# boost, and a RA93 chip. Even then the car was spinning the hell outta the ET Streets. The closest stang was in the high 8sec range, and he wanted no part of me. Only thing I woulda had fun running was the tube chassis Firebird running 5.85's on the bottle. Hmmm, aybe I shoulda asked him to run just on the motor......That would have been fun....LOL. As for me being upset...naahhh, just don't like people coming on our board and talking smack. I don't go to other boards and do that, so please don't do it here on our board.

Re: Jeez quit piling on!!

Originally posted by Elmo

Sorry to have pissed everyone off (cept you, Turbosix, you keep jumping on those convertibles full of college folk)..hehehehehe

Actually,I think you are the pissed off one here buddy,that is why you replied to this thread.I am not pissed off in the least,why would I be?I am actually entertained by this,do you really think you are the only stangwanger to ever talk smack to me? The 5.0 was not even in the same league and yours is most likely just slightly quicker than that(which means nothing).It would be nice to see someone near you with a TR intercooled or not step up and educate you to the darkside.I'm raising the BS flag too about you owning a T-type previously,really,why would you want to backpedal like that and downgrade to a stang? Maybe cuz you could'nt handle the class part perhaps?

posted by Elmo
I kept e7's on the car when I blew a head gasket, 400 bucks slightly ported (still with weenie valves) is a value. My car has a stock bottom end. With the blower and nitrous, I can make enough power to spit the stock crank out. Really, I can.
$400 isn't a deal when you consider what you have (or actually...don't have). The E7TE decks are still too thin to effectively seal under boost (especially with spray), so I have to wonder what type of fasteners you're using. :confused: The valves are still undersized. The exhaust ports are not designed to flow well. A box-stock set of 6037's will flow ~220/170 out of the box and can be had used (and checked) for ~$700 (that's how much I sold my 6037's for). "Spit the stock crank out"...that's a new one to me. Most of us who have made decent power usually split the block. I have. ;)
Car has a junk ($500) Paxton supercharger. Man how much faster would it be with a real blower.
That is a POS blower. I already know what the answer is, but what model is it? How much boost? What's your pulley setup?
It's "aftercooled" by a 150 shot of the gas.
What's your fuel system and how are you hooking on boost and spray?
Should run high 7's in the eighth on DR's, Maybe 7.5's on slicks with just the charger. With the 150 shot of nitrous, prob low low 7's. Would go 6's but it's still a stick n stab five speed.
"Prob"? So what does it run? You're just speculating until you have a timeslip in your hand. Sounds like the guys who used to tell me, "It oughta' go 11's"...it's was priceless when my stock looking, stock sounding, pig-heavy '95 handed them their @ss (and went 7.7-7.8's @ 93-94mph). :D In any case, a boosted stock shortblock on spray is just a timebomb. :eek:

S.

Answers

Believe it or not, all I've got is a 255lph in the tank and 24# squirters. Stock fuel lines. Car ran 8.0 flat in the heat with no heads/no intake/ just the paxton w/5# pulley, ran 7.92 @ 89 almost bone stock with just the juice. Took it to the track, it fried the clutch, sorry, couldn't get it down the track after the burnout.I have a trex inline, but it is unhooked, never have needed it. It holds 65-70 psi under boost--reason I figure it has lived is that it is a wet system. Current blower is indeed junk, a SN93 with 6# pulley--pulls about 5# at the top of each gear. I don't think my times are overstated, it should go 8.0's to low 7's with just the nitrous alone--never mind the heads/ignition/exhaust/intake/roller rockers/ cam/ get my point? It hooks decent in second with about 17 psi in the drag radials, 255/50/16's on southsides. Have no idea what it will 60ft, it went 1.64's on 8.5x26's...maybe 1.70's...

Snorman..

And $400 for the heads was a pretty good deal: headwork, porting, valve job, 1/2 labor, cam, cut and weld intake, gaskets, right? Was gonna go for the ultimate sleeper when I did that. Had the nitrous solenoids up under the plastic cover behind the hood and ran the lines (covered in rubber hose) into the middle back of the stock intake. Man that sucka would hit for a *Stock* stang. Yea, it was sneaky....I ran it without the blower orwould unhook the blower belt and people would jump in line to run the 9.0 sec 1/8 mile car..

I can asure you all that this Elmo person is for real.Everything thing he has told you is all true about his mustang.He had a burgandy 84 t-type and now he has a strawberry 91 coupe.He might have some pics of both.But, don't you love a good mustang --buick race.I can't remember the last time I saw race between the two around here.The good ol days...

WatZ up!

Oh boy, you gonna set 'em off now. If these fellas think I'm making up this stuff about my stock heads, my junky blower, my 84 T-type, my stock motor, then they got issues. I dream of AFR's, girdled shortblocks, a procharger, ...... haven't seen you a while--glad to hear you sold that car...hehehehe! I wonder where those high school pics are of me and my ol' Regal..gonna look for em at the old house tommorrow.

Originally posted by mike E
I can asure you all that this Elmo person is for real.Everything thing he has told you is all true about his mustang.He had a burgandy 84 t-type and now he has a strawberry 91 coupe.He might have some pics of both.But, don't you love a good mustang --buick race.I can't remember the last time I saw race between the two around here.The good ol days...

Oh well gee,I guess since a guy with 1, yes 1 post count has stepped up to vouch for this guy then all he says must be true.I firmly believe that a freshly registered member name"mike"is an extremely credible source of information. I guess that settles it now since "mike"has spoken and all of you naysayers need speculate no longer.This issue has been officially settled now and we are all supposed to except this teenagers story as fact.I sure am glad he is not around here,would hate to run into em and blow his mind,not to mention his doors off.Oh yeah,I forgot to say:rolleyes:

Whatever..

I know better than that. I really don't care if you believe or not--what does it matter? Check with the moderator, the ip #'s will be different, and both are static since they are cable. I'll send you pics if you want, even if you describe how you want them taken. How about a pic of my car TurboSix with my middle finger held out in front of the camera? hahahaha! Or a pic of a huge blown up pic of my ol regal I got on my old room wall? I'm gonna try to get some video of me outrunning a bone stock regal with 8 people in it, then post it on here--that would be great, but it will be hard to find a GN around here. And I called ol' Mike last night, he said a regal did outrun me one night..sorry I forgot about that earlier. Take it easy man, you get too upset..

Re: Answers

Originally posted by Elmo
Car ran 8.0 flat in the heat with no heads/no intake/ just the paxton w/5# pulley, ran 7.92 @ 89 almost bone stock with just the juice.

Shoebox yawns with a big grin on his face and thinks to himself, Elmo is so far out of his league its a joke, take that slow mustang and go home... If your not running atleast 98 in the 1/8 in the mid 7's or high 6's your to slow..:D

This will be long.....

Elmo, you might want to get your facts straight when talking about TRs cause you sound very ignorant!!! You brought up the fact that your mustang has forged pistons and the TRs have cast pistons like it's such a big deal when in fact it's not cause there have been plenty of guys running low 10's to high 9's with the stock cast pistons and the stock short block (that means stock pistons, rods, crank, and even the stock main caps) like Orlando Granda who ran 10.03 @133mph with a 1.40 60' time as seen on www.harpersracing.com ..... I have seen 5.0's run the same times with a stock short block as well and to tell you the truth the stock 109 block in the TRs is about the same in terms of strength (both will crack if your running in the 9's long enough with a full weight car as I have witnessed). The great thing about these cars (TRs) is that they can be made very fast with not much money or effort cause there are plenty of guys on this board running in the 11's with about $1500 worth of bolt-on mods invested (I'm running low 12's @112mph with $1200 spent) and some have run in the 10's with just bolt-ons (usually with a LOT of boost) and great 60' times like Mike Price on PTE's website www.precisionte.com ...... Most 5.0's I've seen that have only bolt-ons are running mid to low 13's (some have gone high 12's) and with a good heads/cam/intake combo are running mid to low 12's (some are in the high 11's), but most that are running mid 11's or better are using a good shot of the juice to get there or have spent a good amount of $$$ on a 'charger or a stroker motor (347 or 351).... If you need more info on these cars please go and check out www.gnttype.org cause it sounds like it's been quite a while since you've read up on our cars and when you make comments about them that are wrong you sound like somebody who just shoots off their mouth without knowing the facts (Ignorance)!!!
HTH :) :cool:

Later.

BTW, GM High-Tech Performance mag has an '87 Turbo-T that runs low 12's like mine with only bolt-ons with the stock turbo, injectors, intercooler, and the stock D5 converter and this car has over 147k miles so far (motor has never been opened up or rebuilt along with the trans) and is a daily driver so these cars can last if taken care of and avoiding detonation helps! ;)

Shoebox

Please pay attention: It ran that four years ago..if it doesn't run low 7's next time, I'll put something in it that will. Man, this forum is happening now!!!! Ya'll really want to me to leave? Any of you close by wanna do some racing? Any of you Regals from Charlotte area busting big bad Vette's and Stangs?

I think people make up new IDs and post stuff like this just to aggravate 86brick and blackshoebox. It's kinda funny watching you guys get going! LOLOL :D ;) Just Kidding!

I think people like elmo are what give Mustang owners a bad name... :rolleyes:

It's funny how a handful of people can make millions of Mustang owners look bad.

Metal-box, shoebox and myself love these threads cause we like educating the foolish Stang owners that don't know any better than to start talking sh!t that they can't back up!:D

86brick,

I know it's frustrating when somebody steps in here and starts crap. Did you ever notice how the guys that really do OWN the 10 and 11 second Mustangs rarely will start crap?

Kinda funny isn't it? It's usually the guys who wish they had a a quick Stang that do the most piping! LOL :D

Elmo said "I'm gonna TRY to get some video of me outrunning a bone stock regal with 8 people in it, then post it on here--that would be great, but it will be hard to find a GN around here".

I'd put my money on the GN for sure.I know If I would have let the verts passengers get in my car I still would have handed him his ass.His passengers would have been an advantage to me because of traction.With the wheel spin I had once it hooked it was like he slammed on his brakes I ripped past so hard.If you find that race maybe the guy will be willing to beat your a$$ a second time with 3 buddies in the car to shut you up.Also,if you are taking video of your car you will need a few video tapes in order to capture your entire run.

Originally posted by TurboBuickSix
Also,if you are taking video of your car you will need a few video tapes in order to capture your entire run.

OMG, ROFLMAO! That's funny! :D

Metal-box, what you said is very true! I have talked to a good amount of mustang guys on this forum and it seems like the ones with the faster cars that know their stuff (like Bob Cosby for example) don't start much crap and when they do it's usually a good arguement that could go either way..... I know that mustangs can be made very fast with the right combo and I know what they are capable of and that's why I don't talk much smack about them. I've been reading up on a lot of the Pro 5.0 guys like Chuck Samuel, the late Steve Grebeck, and John Gullet to name a few and these guys are very innovative in that they took there 13 sec Stangs and turned them into 6 sec door slammers which is awesome IMO!:eek: I have always been more of a GM guy (this does not mean I hate Fords), but I respect anything that's fast and I know for a fact a 5.0 Stang can be very fast just like my Buick:cool: I think the guys that have been around a little longer (whether it be a Stang guy or a TR guy) know that both cars can be made very fast and that there's no point in starting crap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.