Another WRE Stroker Motor has landed!!

87WE4BOOSTED

I NEED MORE BOOST!!
My motor has finally landed!! Here are a few pics during the build and right after I ripped the crate off!:biggrin: It will go on the engine stand this weekend where reassembly begins.

I hope I did it right the first time!!:smile:

Attachments

• DSC07207.jpg
    DSC07207.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,380
  • DSC07210.jpg
    DSC07210.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,368
  • DSC07213.jpg
    DSC07213.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,377
  • IMG00092-20100907-0419.jpg
    IMG00092-20100907-0419.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,352
  • IMG00094-20100907-0510.jpg
    IMG00094-20100907-0510.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,353
stroker

you will absolutely love it, lots of power, my freind and I both have these engines and they will fly.

Looks good. You'll enjoy it, I know that I like mine!!! :biggrin:

So what did WRE do to it, what's the build?

Looks good. You'll enjoy it, I know that I like mine!!! :biggrin:

So what did WRE do to it, what's the build?

I forgot to ask what the CI was but it's bored 20 over, 3.625 Stroker Crank Diamond pistons, Eagle rods, Champion heads, 218/212 Roller Cam 1.55 Harland Sharp rockers and a manila envelope w/specs ;)
I copied your sig..:p

I have not decided on the turbo yet so the stall is also undetermined. I still have a few weeks to make up my mind.

I forgot to ask what the CI was but it's bored 20 over, 3.625 Stroker Crank Diamond pistons, Eagle rods, Champion heads, 218/212 Roller Cam 1.55 Harland Sharp rockers and a manila envelope w/specs ;)
I copied your sig..:p

I have not decided on the turbo yet so the stall is also undetermined. I still have a few weeks to make up my mind.

sweet!!! you will love the power. it is awesome very torquey

I'd say that you'll be very happy with the investment.

I am also still on the wire about upgrading to which turbo. Although I think that mid 10s could be possible with this little 6152 that I'm currently running, time will tell. First passes last weekend I ran a 11.13 @ 122.7 with a 1.8/60' on a really FAT tune.

I am also still on the wire about upgrading to which turbo. Although I think that mid 10s could be possible with this little 6152 that I'm currently running, time will tell. First passes last weekend I ran a 11.13 @ 122.7 with a 1.8/60' on a really FAT tune.

When I hear all the positive feedback from you guys w/WRE's :p, it really makes me feel my $$$ were well invested. :cool:

Since I probably want be getting a cage until next year, all I will be able to run are times like you just ran. And that’s exactly how I want to run, low boost and fat. I want it to live for a while. When I learn how to tune, I will creep up on it. ;)

Looks like the 6152 is doing just fine. Are you thinking about going bigger? :cool: Or does it even warrant going bigger yet? I see if the combo is right we really don’t even need a huge turbo to get a reasonable goal. I’m on the fence about the 6265 and the 6765 both in JB form with a PTC 9.5 from Dusty. Goals are 10.50 :redface: or better when the time is right, but who knows. They say you will always want to go a little faster.

They say you will always want to go a little faster.

That's the ITCH that everyone talks about. Good luck on achieving your desired goals. With a decent tune and race gas or alky you will be a little kid on Christmas morning. That 13.8 second pass will be long forgotten and your face will be like :biggrin:.

I hope to get into the mid 10 second with a harder launch and leaning out the fuel a bit. Hopefully we'll see what she'll do prior to the GS Nationals.

what was your boost?
The last time I drove my car it ran a 13.8x :redface:

I thought that felt cool. :rolleyes: I can't imagine what it feels like now.:biggrin:
you would run that with your turbo disconnected

When I hear all the positive feedback from you guys w/WRE's :p, it really makes me feel my $$$ were well invested. :cool:

Since I probably want be getting a cage until next year, all I will be able to run are times like you just ran. And that’s exactly how I want to run, low boost and fat. I want it to live for a while. When I learn how to tune, I will creep up on it. ;)

Looks like the 6152 is doing just fine. Are you thinking about going bigger? :cool: Or does it even warrant going bigger yet? I see if the combo is right we really don’t even need a huge turbo to get a reasonable goal. I’m on the fence about the 6265 and the 6765 both in JB form with a PTC 9.5 from Dusty. Goals are 10.50 :redface: or better when the time is right, but who knows. They say you will always want to go a little faster.
i would go with the 6265. you should be able to do a 10.50 on low boost. i have a te60 and it should go mid 10's

Running yes. Waiting for Cal to have the time to fly up here to tune the thing before making any power... Too much invested to tempt fate!

Running yes. Waiting for Cal to have the time to fly up here to tune the thing before making any power... Too much invested to tempt fate!

I would love that as well, I just can't swing it right now.:( I'm going to roll mine out with the stock ECU and get the boost down as far as I can. I don't think I need a lot of boost to get my initial goal. (11.50). When I cage it and start leaning on it I will run FAST and get it tuned by THE MAN. :)

Good luck with yours. I hope to hear some news on it soon.;)

Going to jump in with tuning tonight with Cal. 11.50's are going to be beyond easy, this thing pulls like an animal @ 5 psi. Cannot wait to see what 20 psi is like! :eek: The more I drive it the more it comes alive, these billet wheel turbos spool so much faster then I expected, it's INSTANT.