Another round of name that plug behind the radio

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
Trying to sort out some electrical issues. Need some help identifying these connectors behind the radio and what they go to. Thanks for any help offered.

Attachments

• Plug 1.jpeg
    Plug 1.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 147
  • plug 2.jpeg
    plug 2.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 159
  • plug 3.jpeg
    plug 3.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 147
Any chance those wires are long enough to reach the fuse block? The last one sure likes it plugs into the fuse block. Phil.

Any chance those wires are long enough to reach the fuse block? The last one sure likes it plugs into the fuse block. Phil.

No chance of that, they are all behind the radio with little stretch/slack. The last one is tucked up inside p side of the radio, towards the top.

Last edited:
First plug orange radio memory
brown dimmer signal

Second plug,not hooked up on my car

Third plug is factory taped to two other plugs that look similar,have never been hooked up,must be something to do with a factory alarm or twilight sentinel.I don't have either.

First plug orange radio memory
brown dimmer signal

Second plug,not hooked up on my car

Third plug is factory taped to two other plugs that look similar,have never been hooked up,must be something to do with a factory alarm or twilight sentinel.I don't have either.

I think the problem I am having is directly related to both the alarm and twilight sentinel. Thanks for the reply.

Problem stems from no dome map lights. Keeps popping the CIG/BLK fuse.

If I place a fuse of any size in plug1 pictured above. It no longer blows the fuse and the dome light works. I am getting a very subtle dinging sound and the parking lights come on with the key in any position or even out of the ignition. Also the defrost switch and heater control lights stays lit with that fuse in place.

I know this car a long time ago was having issues with the alarm and it was disabled by a hack mechanic before I owned it. Trying to sort it out, i don't need the alarm or the twilight sentinel, just want my interior lights to work.

Problem stems from no dome map lights. Keeps popping the CIG/BLK fuse.

If I place a fuse of any size in plug1 pictured above. It no longer blows the fuse and the dome light works. I am getting a very subtle dinging sound and the parking lights come on with the key in any position or even out of the ignition. Also the defrost switch and heater control lights stays lit with that fuse in place.

When put a fuse in that plug,you're back feeding the chime module circuit and the parking/marker light circuit. The orange wire is on the same circuit as the map lights
That plug goes on the back of the factory radio,the brown wire is to signal that the lights are on,so the VFD display will dim with the dash lights.

When put a fuse in that plug,you're back feeding the chime module circuit and the parking/marker light circuit. The orange wire is on the same circuit as the map lights
That plug goes on the back of the factory radio,to signal that the lights are on,so the VFD display will dim with the dash lights.

That makes sense, just curious why it stops blowing the cig/blk fuse when installed? Where would you start troubleshooting this problem, given what you know? It has an aftermarket stereo installed. Bad dimmer switch? Bad chime module since it sounds so weak? I appreciate any and all help.

There are quite a few orange wires under the dash to run different things,most of them run to the same fuse,the 20 amp clk-cig
I'll post a diagram that should help,but I always suspect any aftermarket install to be at fault

gnfusebox.JPG

Last edited: