Another reason why I don't drive the GN much

GNTIM

I live and work right outside of Washington D/C, but have a weekend home in central Va. Anyway, a buddy came down with his kids to hang out and see the fireworks in town because they have a really good show. We take the GN into town earlier in the day to scope the scene and the place is packed, people everywhere. We drive down the main street and there is a group of really nasty looking, white trash people (I am white BTW) and one toothless, scrawny, dirtball orders his dumb looking hick kid to kick my car!!! Kid runs out in the street and gets close to my car, so I give him the evil "I will kill you" look, so he circles around and disappears into the crowd. The whole time trash people are laughing, heeuck..heeuck..heeuck..:mad: My buddy tells me to keep going, not worth the trouble. It sucks that I can't drive this car more because the losers in this world don't leave other people and their posessions alone. There are other reasons why I don't drive it more, tell us your reasons.

I'm just scared of something happening to it. NOT of my own doing. Always draws attention, and that is often not a good thing. But I force myself to get out and drive it becasue I ENJOY driving it. I refuse to not enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Just be cautious out there, and have a back-up plan for the back-up plan.....

Zhit...

I dont even drive mine and my stupid Azz neighbors firework landed on it last night and made some nice quarter size holes on my freaking cover :mad: ,there were witnesses who said it was his firework that came from accross the fence to land on my cover but he denied the whole thing and said it must off been from another street also doing fireworks, I wanted to Shoot The Fhuck but then again is not worth it, thank god it was only the cover and not the whole car going up in flames or he would off found my FOOT up is rearend in a hurry..

I live and work right outside of Washington D/C, but have a weekend home in central Va. Anyway, a buddy came down with his kids to hang out and see the fireworks in town because they have a really good show. We take the GN into town earlier in the day to scope the scene and the place is packed, people everywhere. We drive down the main street and there is a group of really nasty looking, white trash people (I am white BTW) and one toothless, scrawny, dirtball orders his dumb looking hick kid to kick my car!!! Kid runs out in the street and gets close to my car, so I give him the evil "I will kill you" look, so he circles around and disappears into the crowd. The whole time trash people are laughing, heeuck..heeuck..heeuck..:mad: My buddy tells me to keep going, not worth the trouble. It sucks that I can't drive this car more because the losers in this world don't leave other people and their posessions alone. There are other reasons why I don't drive it more, tell us your reasons.

I would have let my buddy take the wheel and i would have proceeded to get out of the car and knock the hick f uck out. Knocking out the remainder of his front teeth. Typical jealous WT piece of s hit. He would sh it his pants the second he saw me approaching his scrawny ass. Then i would have clobbered him.

It just sucks that I have to limit my enjoyment of this car because some people want to hurt or steal it. I have busted my azz for everything I own. Yeah Bison, that was what I wanted to do to him too. Trying to be responsible is tough sometimes....

When I drive around I'm okay, but when I went to a little hang out the other night, I left the car too look at other cars, as I glanced back to check on it, some dumb as$ father and his kid have the hands cupped around there eyes and leaning on my door glass to look at the interior. I hate stupid people who just can not look and not touch.

Don't go in the ghetto.

I drive mine but I'm out in the country, my biggest worries out here are deer.

I don't take mine to the ghettos. I don't drive mine all that often. It's more the less a weekend toy.

Some *******s have zero respect for anyone or anyones property, much less themselves.

When I drive around I'm okay, but when I went to a little hang out the other night, I left the car too look at other cars, as I glanced back to check on it, some dumb as$ father and his kid have the hands cupped around there eyes and leaning on my door glass to look at the interior. I hate stupid people who just can not look and not touch.

and is it just me, or does it seem like the sorry F-ers are more likely to touch/mess with a turbo Buick than a "Barrett-Jackson" Hemi-Cuda? anyone else know what I'm talking about? :mad:

I don't drive mine 'cause I have M/T drag radials on it. Summertime in southern La. means rain everyday. I spun the car around once on the interstate with M/T DR's in the rain. Not taking another chance.

30 milligrams of oxycodone.:biggrin: and if it rains forget it, the same thing happened to me turbo 6, but i was on i-95

I don't drive mine as much as I would like to because:

1. Lousy weather
2. Too much traffic congestion and road construction
3. Too many potholes and poor road conditions
4. Too busy with Work, Yard and Family stuff
5. Too many A-holes as stated in previous posts
6. Always seem to be waiting, whether its for parts or something else

Hopefully this Summer will see me out more.
I have a few more reasons, but most are self induced.
Not really complaining, just my reality.

My good friend plays in a band at a little local tavern. I went to listen to him play some sets and drink a beer. I drove my 1970 Chevelle SS396, cortez silver metallic with black stripes, black interior, four on the floor. I came out later that night and saw that someone had keyed my fender on my brand new paint job. Luckily for me the stupid ****er only keyed the fender. I knew who did it too, but never saw him again before moving. I was able to pull the fender and have it repainted for very cheap as the paint shop still had left-over paint. I got very lucky. As for the buick I worry something like that will happen to my car. There are lots of ugly, jealous people out there. You're very fortunate that little three-toed-sloth of a bastard child didn't kick your quarter or something!! :mad:

Don't go in the ghetto.

I don't take mine to the ghettos. I don't drive mine all that often. It's more the less a weekend toy.

Some *******s have zero respect for anyone or anyones property, much less themselves.

When I'm not driving the F100 (used only for work or when it rains), I am driving the GN, which is almost daily. I drive mine anywhere. My cousins live in the Bankhead Courts area in Atlanta (yeah, try stopping their without knowing anyone) where alot of everything goes on. I have gotten aquainted with their neighbors so when I leave the car down there, their keeping an eye out for it. Last week, when I was out of town, I left the car out there and just came back from picking it back up. AND GUESS WHAT, nothing happened to it and it was out in the open, on in the front of the yard. Look guys, the problem with car guys is they don't drive their cars because they are afraid of what will happen to it. Enjoy it because life is to short to worry about what MIGHT happen:D

and is it just me, or does it seem like the sorry F-ers are more likely to touch/mess with a turbo Buick than a "Barrett-Jackson" Hemi-Cuda? anyone else know what I'm talking about? :mad:

You are right on, there was a 67 corvette and a really nice 70 gs conv. next to me, no one touched them!!

Probably because people think a turbo Regal is "just another car" and not a specialty car like a Hemi Cuda.

Had it been a pristine GNX it might be a different story.

I don't drive mine as much as I would like to because:

1. Lousy weather
2. Too much traffic congestion and road construction
3. Too many potholes and poor road conditions
4. Too busy with Work, Yard and Family stuff
5. Too many A-holes as stated in previous posts
6. Always seem to be waiting, whether its for parts or something else

Hopefully this Summer will see me out more.
I have a few more reasons, but most are self induced.
Not really complaining, just my reality.

AMEN Brother!!! Ditto on *ALL* of the above!!

Don't go in the ghetto.

+1 on the deer thing!
Last fall I was driving my car and a deer jumped out of the woods. It happened so fast, I did not have time to react. Thank God I was only going about 30 mph. I was slowing down from a 5 second WOT blast. It could have been a lot uglier:eek:
wreck1.jpg

Metal bumpers ftw! Notice the remainder of the deer hair.
deerhair.jpg

I drive mine pretty much every day. I've had mine so long and driven it enough that almost everybody in my town knows me and my car. I do still get a little nervous when I drive it out of town so I try to be careful about those trips.

Stupid people that can not open thier doors without paying attention.

I drive mine almost everyday in the summer. I like driving it plus it gets better milage than my Expedition. My car is not "perfect", probably a 10 or 20 footer and at some angles a 5 footer. I have thought about a re-paint but I would be more concerned than I am now.

I did notice the other day a nice door ding right next to the GN badge on the passenger 1/4 panel. Very few people know what a GN is or TR is around here so to them it was probably just an old car so who cares right? From the looks of the ding it was a full size SUV. :mad: