Another Pressure gauge question

Rogue74

I just replaced my fuel rail and I wanted to see whether I need to get a fitting that depresses the schrader valve or if I could just screw the valve completely out. Would that give inaccurate readings?

You can use a fitting to depress the valve, or you can remove it. It won't affect accuracy at all. Restrictions affect flow, not pressure. If you have flow going to the fuel pressure gauge, that would be a big problem! :)

Dumb question, but with the valve out, you would have gas going through to the gauge? I don't understand what you mean.

Could you clarify that last? If you have the valve out, gas would flow through the end of the fuel rail. I don't understand what you mean.

kirban performance

Kirban sells a kit with an adapter and gauge. I used the adapter and used a VDO chrome fuel pressure gauge because the gauge that Kirban sells is a little cheap looking. I will try to post a digital Picture of the gauge on my car.
It works awesome with the adapter and leaving the schrader valve. I painted the adapter black because it comes anodized in red and I did not like the way it looked under the hood.

If you have the valve out, gas would flow through the end of the fuel rail
What I meant was that the gauge will plug the hole. There will be no flow, so the reading will be accurate, in spite of any restrictions caused by the schrader valve. If the gauge does NOT plug the hole, and there IS flow, then you have a big problem.

Okay I thought you meant no gas should be going to the gauge, and I was thinking "Huh?" :D Thanks.