Another possible fuel pump issue?

jguy

OK, was driving the car, cut it off for a few minutes, went to start it and all it did was turn over, occ start for a second maybe. I did not hear the pump priming up. I replaced the fp relay and fuse first, still same symptoms. Just replaced the old pump with a new one, tested the old pump and fuel shot out about 8 feet. Most times the pump will not prime up. It did prime up for a split second and the car would run for a few seconds then die, and not prime up any more. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

Did you check the connection at the bulkhead fitting (the yellow connector on the fuel pump/sending unit assembly)? That is where I had a bad connection and the pump stopped cold. I ordered a new hot wire tank harness from Ractronics and all is well (see my post in the engine tech forum, "No fuel pressure") . I would separate the connector between the tank and bumper. Then put +12 volts to the grey wire and ground the black wire at the connector going up to the top of the tank . This will bypass everything and put power straight to the pump. If the pump still doesn't turn on, pull the tank again and check all the connections. Good luck!!