another import learns a lesson

1of1035

since this is my first post i figured i'd make it a good one. on the way home and a little civic si with a turbo is making noise so we get to a light and he backs out as expected. then driving at 50-55 he catches up and jumps on me then i pull him back in and take 6 lengths on him and assume the race is over. But he comes sneaking up on me and floors it when hes at my bumper i heard it got into it and pulled about 9 or 10 lengths on him. Then at the light he tells me its not a fair race cause i have a v8 so i tell him its a 6 and he says its still not fair.

Next time you hear that excuse tell him, In that case go play with the other four bangers and quit bugging people with real cars.:D

What part of Florida do you live? In South Florida(around Tower Shops), in Davie, be on the look out for a green Civic hatchback that car is pretty quick (turbocharged) he has taken out a couple of our fellow GN's ,F-bodies and a Supra (single turboed).
Although he doesn't like to race from a dig (not fair to us), from 50 mph up pretty impressive for a four banger.I haven't seen him run at the track but he says his traps are in the 124-128 mph range.

Originally posted by colby
What part of Florida do you live? In South Florida(around Tower Shops), in Davie, be on the look out for a green Civic hatchback that car is pretty quick (turbocharged) he has taken out a couple of our fellow GN's ,F-bodies and a Supra (single turboed).
Although he doesn't like to race from a dig (not fair to us), from 50 mph up pretty impressive for a four banger.I haven't seen him run at the track but he says his traps are in the 124-128 mph range.

I know the car you are refering to. The car is quick, but he is only interest in running from a roll @ 50+ mph. A friend of mine came out after him with an ls1 with some bottle, and he did not want any from a stop, but would have ran from a 60 roll.:rolleyes: The car is a fully gutted, caged, race car with a fuel cell, stand alone fuel management system(F.A.S.T), and a seriously built motor. I believe the shop the built it is called MotorMatrix.

He says it isn't fair because you have extra cylinders, ask him about the extra 1500 pounds that your car weighs. Tell him if he can't play with the Big Dawg's then he should stay on the porch, or in his crib.

Brian

I know that green civic i saw him at a import meet and asked me if i wanted to go then he said to follow him to 95. i told him that ain't drag racing and the rules don't change cause of a front wheel drive car. He complained all us rwd guys are the same also i was on street tires he had slicks

I know they always wanna go from a roll. I just tell them that its called drag racing not nascar if you wanna race from a roll find somebody else.

blackshoebox, yeah thats the one alright. Motormatrix did the work.I can understand alot of imports wanting to run from a roll because I also own a Twin Turbo Supra that at the moment is running mid-12's@ 114-116mph , my 60ft. times suck to say the least 2.2-2.3 ( aarrgg terrible!!), my current project 86 GN has yet to run at the track due to tranny slipping bad. My first GN an 87 back in 1993 ran 11.40's@ 117mph w/ 1.58 60 ft.

Originally posted by blackshoebox
I know the car you are refering to. The car is quick, but he is only interest in running from a roll @ 50+ mph. A friend of mine came out after him with an ls1 with some bottle, and he did not want any from a stop, but would have ran from a 60 roll.:rolleyes: The car is a fully gutted, caged, race car with a fuel cell, stand alone fuel management system(F.A.S.T), and a seriously built motor. I believe the shop the built it is called MotorMatrix.
Heh geez, a 60 roll. No need in going faster than the posted limit. Race to 45 or 55mph...whatever, then shut it down.

Originally posted by 1of1035
Then at the light he tells me its not a fair race cause i have a v8 so i tell him its a 6 and he says its still not fair.

Why is it that ricers say "Technology is the replacement for displacement", yet when they get beat they say it's not fair because the winner had a bigger engine?

When will ricers understand the concepts of torque and power?

Here's a good response to a ricer in a variety of circumstances: Yeah, I'm sure you're pretty fast in your own league.

You are damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you had let him be, then, he would be bragging to his buddies that the Big Bad GN was too scared to race. You do race him and you get a cry baby excuse.
If you win then you win; if you lose well, better luck next time. Them's the brakes in racing.

Rear tires are 295/50/15. firestone firehawk indy 500's(thats a mouthful) my mechanic went 11.5x on those tires. I've come to the conclusion that a ricer will never admit to having a slower car,its always some sort of horrible disadvantage for them ie:i forgot to turn on my vtec,its only a 4 banger,my car is built to run from a roll. always something and its always bs. anyway i saw him again a few days ago in traffic and he wouldn't come within 100 feet of me:D

thanks for the compliments on the car guys. I have more pics posted in turbo lounge if your interested. Vendor defendors car is also in one of the pics with mine

Since he started it from a roll, I'd tell him that's what he gets for bringing a knife to a gun fight. :D