another fuel pump question

11secondgs

Hi-

I got my car with a new hot wire kit installed.

Yesterday for the first time.......out of the blue the pump didnt work. I know the pump is a walbro 340 which I got from full throttle in the summer 2008 august.

So yesterday, I had a non working fuel pump. I replaced both the passenger side relay, and 30amp hotwire relay.

I jumped the wires on the hotwire relay and the pump charged and ran.
Then out of the blue the pump quit.

Then I jumped the wires again and the pump didnt run at all, like I had a dead pump.

Then I banged on the tank, and wiggled the wires that go up to the tank, and boom now it works.

Right now I don't trust the pump.......Do I have a bad pump, or bad wiring, or what are the thoughts on all this.

Please give me some ideas on where the trouble spots may be?

thanks...

Hi-

I got my car with a new hot wire kit installed.

Yesterday for the first time.......out of the blue the pump didnt work. I know the pump is a walbro 340 which I got from full throttle in the summer 2008 august.

So yesterday, I had a non working fuel pump. I replaced both the passenger side relay, and 30amp hotwire relay.

I jumped the wires on the hotwire relay and the pump charged and ran.
Then out of the blue the pump quit.

Then I jumped the wires again and the pump didnt run at all, like I had a dead pump.

Then I banged on the tank, and wiggled the wires that go up to the tank, and boom now it works.

Right now I don't trust the pump.......Do I have a bad pump, or bad wiring, or what are the thoughts on all this.

Please give me some ideas on where the trouble spots may be?

thanks...

My bet is the pump is taking a crap. and i also bet it''s a 20000169 part number too.

I had heard that pump # was bad, but I didn't know what the symptoms are.

Is there anyway to know a way to get a replacement pump?

See if Full Throttle will swap yours for a new one. I believe it was Mike at FT who followed up the unreliable pump issues with Walbro.

I had a similar problem a while back also.
My pump, particularly when sitting and idling, the pump would shut down
randomly.
One time it wouldnt turn on, I had someone turn the key on, no pump, so I gently tugged on the wires going to the sending unit
VIOLA, pump kicked on immediately.
Mine was the wiring to the sending unit, specifically the plug on top.
Good luck
Steve

I think the "freebie" exchange program has ended..A search would show a bunch of posts about that subject....