Another aftermarket weather stripping thread

turbo87regal

Well I have been searching for days and can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

I am looking for a visual comparison of how different brand AFTERMARKET weather strippings fit. Can someone please post pics of the fit at front and back molded ends of the upper and lower door seals and also pics of the 90* corner at the back of the hard top upper seals.

I AND EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY KNOWS THAT GM SEALS ARE THE ANSWER TO EVERY WEATHER STRIPPING PROBLEM so please don't post "get GM seals"

There has to be a decent fitting aftermarket option out there.

Here are some pics of my GBodyParts lower seals. I'm trying to see if there is a better fit aftermarket set out there or if I should just stick with these. I have to stretch them fairly tight to get the screws to go in and I think they will just rip throught in a matter of days and also notice the big gap between the door panel and the seal. The front also has the same issue with the screws and does not fill the area anywhere near the way the oem one did.
back2 (Small).jpg
back (Small).jpg
front (Small).jpg

Here are some pics of my uppers seals witch are also from GBodyParts,View attachment 183093View attachment 183094View attachment 183095View attachment 183096
http://turbobuick.com/forums/thread...en-gm-nos-fairchilds-seals-from-gbody.377601/

There is a warranty with these. Your un happy send them back & we will refund. Any seal you will have to work with. The GM seals we would use a heat gun on at a distance to help get their shape.
We are working with a company now to make an exact GM style seal. Even when this is done there will be a complaint or problem. It is just the nature of seals.
The strange part is we sell probablly 150 sets of seals a month. The Olds Guys use the same seals.
Like I said try a heat gun at a distance then stretch them a little. If it still doesn't work just send them back.
We do stand behind everything we sell.

The third picture of the iner door seal shows it different from the ones i posted. The square spot at the top is outward and the ones i posted are inward, Maybe you got the wrong ones also, or they have changed them. The pillar ones fit fine, it's just the door ones that don't.

http://turbobuick.com/forums/thread...en-gm-nos-fairchilds-seals-from-gbody.377601/

There is a warranty with these. Your un happy send them back & we will refund. The strange part is we sell probablly 150 sets of seals a month. The Olds Guys use the same seals.
Like I said try a heat gun at a distance then stretch them a little. If it still doesn't work just send them back.
We do stand behind everything we sell.

I do understand there is a warranty and that's actually why I got them. The upper seals fit good and seem like they would seal fine only concern I have with those is the back molded end does not look too good to me against a white car. Thanks for the tip and I will try to heat the lowers a bit to see if that helps.

I may actually keep these seals but would like to see if anyone else had pics of the ones from Metro, Softseal, Steele, etc. to see how they look and fit.

Please understand that I am not trying to bash GBodyParts just stating witch ones I am dealing with for reference.

I understand. I know your not bashing. I was searching threads to see if any one else was having the same problem. When I saw "another" in the title I popped into your post. So here I am here late again searching threads. If we have a problem we want to fix it. We have been around for a while & will be for a long time. I want happy customers.
Anything produced in a mold will cure differently. This is why we stand behind it. At the end of the day I want you to be a satisfied returning customer. If they had a bad run we will get this fixed. We are only going to use manufacturers who stand behind what they sell.

Tony was having a problem & we were searching. We don't always know until we are told.

We are currently going thru our parts & seeing what we can give life time warranties for. All our new products, lighting , shifter handles, steel panels, etc.. Will come with a full lifetime warranty.
6,000+ parts this is taking a little bit of time.

So please don't feel like your bashing. If any one else is having a problem please e-mail me. I can go to our manufacturers & say hey we may of had a problem on this run. The worst part is hearing nothing & not being able to fix it. You can post too, it just makes it easier for us to forward e-mails.

So, you guys are using a heat gun to 'mold' these a little? Can that be done with the door closed and window up to make them conform to the windows better?

I understand. I know your not bashing. I was searching threads to see if any one else was having the same problem. When I saw "another" in the title I popped into your post. So here I am here late again searching threads. If we have a problem we want to fix it. We have been around for a while & will be for a long time. I want happy customers.
Anything produced in a mold will cure differently. This is why we stand behind it. At the end of the day I want you to be a satisfied returning customer. If they had a bad run we will get this fixed. We are only going to use manufacturers who stand behind what they sell.

Tony was having a problem & we were searching. We don't always know until we are told.

We are currently going thru our parts & seeing what we can give life time warranties for. All our new products, lighting , shifter handles, steel panels, etc.. Will come with a full lifetime warranty.
6,000+ parts this is taking a little bit of time.

So please don't feel like your bashing. If any one else is having a problem please e-mail me. I can go to our manufacturers & say hey we may of had a problem on this run. The worst part is hearing nothing & not being able to fix it. You can post too, it just makes it easier for us to forward e-mails.
That's why i keep using Gbodyparts, Brian has always been good about standing behind his parts. I'm going to try heating them up some tomorrow and seeing if that helps some. If not I'm sure Brian will figure it out and get it corrected. It's just frustrating, the last time they fit better around the window area, and now they seem smaller in that area in some areas and too big in others. I will post pictures after i give it a try.