Annoyed

Dantheman12189

Hi I'm new. I've owned the car for about 8 months. This is my issue maybe some one can shed some light. Mods tt chip, alky, 50lb inj, te44. Now new parts are coil pack with module, new used ecm going to morrow for brand new one. My problem is I can't seem to get the car to run smooth. No codes on scan master, the car seems to sound like its missing and wants to stall when I put in reverse and now the car won't run and is saying no data on scan master. Any ideas

Start with the easy stuff.

Plugs?

Plug wires?

O2 sensor?[/QUOTE

New o2 sensor and ran through all the plugs. I'm guessing the no data on scan master is ecm. So I'm going to replace that but the missing thing is what's getting me

X2-check easy stuff -Vacuum leak, intake hose leaks, plug wires loose intake bolts dead her etc....

So the car doesn't run or it just stalls? No data on scan master? Scan master connection at the ADL port might have come out. Since you changed the coil pack and module you might want to verify the plug wires didn't get mixed up. I got 2 plug wires mixed up once and it ran but sounded horrible and ran really rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to suggest that you remove the up pipe and spray out the throttle body with carb cleaner. Same for iac valve. Then make sure tps and iac are set correctly. But if the car doesn't run then you have bigger problems.

So the car doesn't run or it just stalls? No data on scan master? Scan master connection at the ADL port might have come out. Since you changed the coil pack and module you might want to verify the plug wires didn't get mixed up. I got 2 plug wires mixed up once and it ran but sounded horrible and ran really rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It ran after I changed the coil pack and module. But today the car just stalled and scan master said no data. The ecm is corroded up so I'm suppose to have a new ecm today. Hopefully that should fix the no data issue but the car Trys to stall from drive to reverse. It's annoying because I really would like to have the car reliable because it has left me stranded quite a few times already

Ya, corroded ecm would really mess you up.

Has the car ever run correctly? If so, what changes did you make that made it run badly??

This.

"Scan master connection might have come out "

Make sure the SM connector is seated properly.......... if it's not seated up tight to the ECM it will cause all kinds of issues.

Ok Iv tried a lot. I found a vacuum leak in the ac control switch and replaced it. What would make the cause it to want to stall from drive to reverse. Any one else has had that issue?
That happened to me when I blew out the gasket from the header to the turbo, it was messing with the o2 sensor causing the car to stall going in reverse and long cranking to start. I hooked a shop vac to the tailpipe and ran it in reverse and air was whistling out of that bs gasket. Replaced it and everything was good. It's not like a normal vac leak cause it's close to the o2 which causes it to run sloppy.

Try some injector cleaner. My car ran like crap. I changed out my injectors and put in a Walbro 255 fuel pump and it ran perfect.......still does I'm just saying.

Oh maintenance.. Wires,plugs,IAC,TPS.. They are cheap and super easy to do. Five minutes for both. Makes a huge difference.