...and the answer is....7

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
As in 7 months.

Oh….the question was….

How long will it take Tim to get a speeding ticket in the 87 Grand National?
:mad:
Was in a hurry home Wednesday to meet some guests….and as I got close to my house, I was snared in a very popular speed trap that I have witnessed dozens of others get snared in over the last 6 years on Santa Margarita Pkwy between Marguerite and Melinda Rd coming up the hill towards my house. I always giggle at the dumbies…..now I are one.

Little radar slingin' jerk was hiding off to the right, with his bike parked on the side walk on a handicap ramp (wonder if I can take it to court and have him busted for illegal parking) next to a crosswalk and traffic signal where I’ve seen him hiding so many times before as I come around the bend and up the hill on my way home from work. I’m normally very careful at this spot.

I was definitely a little over the posted speed, but I think I actually took the fall for the guy who was right behind me and gaining on me as he weaved through traffic. We weren't racing....yet....but I was the first car the cop saw….so I got the pop. I was busy watching the guy behind me in my rear view and waiting for him to try and pass so I could show him what's what. Suddenly I saw him slow waaaaay down, that's when I looked ahead and DOH!!!:eek:

Radar boy was alrready holstering the radar gun and gave me his Gotcya look as I went by.:cool: I just signaled to the right, slowed down and waited for him to catch me.

67 in a 50….I was probably actually doing a little under 60. I told him I thought he clocked the guy behind me, but he said we were both pulling away from traffic so he knows I was speeding too, but then agreed to drop it to 62 in a 50 to save me some fine money. I guess it gets more expensive once you are more than 12 over the limit.

I think he also might have come for me so he could check on the hotness of the car. His first question was, "Are you the registered owner of this vehicle?"
:confused:
Then he asked for the license, reg and insurance.
Guess he was confused by seeing a well dressed white boy driving a Monte....and thought I might have stole it.

Oh well…..traffic school is always a good way to waste a Saturday….unless there’s a way to leverage that illegal parking thing against the cop in traffic court….maybe my big brother, the Sherriff, will know.

I did beat a failure to stop (rolling stop while turning right on a red at an intersection) ticket several years back when I mentioned in court that the cop who wrote me the ticket had been driving around with a burnt out head light and could not have accurately judged my stop from behind at a dimly lit intersection at night. Judge agreed and dropped it….:p Cop was pissed.

Guess I should finally buy me a Radar/Laser detector.:rolleyes:

Tough to beat tickets...I'm heading to traffic school tomorrow...oh what fun...same type of thing as you...I kind of got screwed...I was coming up on an intersection and about 20 feet from it the light turns yellow...so I had to either lock up the brakes...cruise through the light and maybe get caught on red or speed up and go through...I was in my Silverado...so I just gave it a little gas...didn't think anything of it...month later in the mail I get a nice ticket(speeding) and picture of me going through the intersection...yep I love photo radar...

Know what I might try if I ever get popped by a red light camera?

I think I'll take a picture of the fine money and send the pic back to them instead of the actual money.

Know what I might try if I ever get popped by a red light camera?

I think I'll take a picture of the fine money and send the pic back to them instead of the actual money.

Last I heard someone did this, and received a picture of handcuffs in response! :biggrin:

Oh, I been pulled over there before.

The other one that I got nailed at was the speed trap on el toro rd by Trabuco.

Bastards!!!! LOL

Meanchicken I think that you have been giving us Buick owners a bad name for some time now. By that i mean those tailpipes. You should of also been cited for indecent exposure.Since this is also a form of product slander its only time till you hear from GM's attorneys for trying to destroy it's reputation. May you rot in jail & get violated by a gang of illegals.

Oh, I been pulled over there before.

The other one that I got nailed at was the speed trap on el toro rd by Trabuco.

Bastards!!!! LOL

Yup....they also like to camp out behind the bushes on Santa Marg Pkwy in the opposite direction from where I got popped. They sit right at the bottom of the hill behind some bushes....can see their little helmets sticking up from behind there from the top of the hill, but again....by then it's too late.

That sucks Tim. :frown: This is what you need Valentine One radar and laser detectors by far the best radar detector on the market. It has saved me a ton of pocket personality. :biggrin: It tells you if there in front on the side etc. ;)

Thanks! I'll check that out. I need to get my cigarette lighter receptical to work first. It, my power antenna, cruise control and power door locks are all on the blink. I haven't checked fuses yet...but hopefully that's all it is.

this really works tim it worked for me:biggrin:
Get a TICKET?!?!?! - LS1TECH

Thanks...I'll check this out too.

Meanchicken I think that you have been giving us Buick owners a bad name for some time now. By that i mean those tailpipes. You should of also been cited for indecent exposure.Since this is also a form of product slander its only time till you hear from GM's attorneys for trying to destroy it's reputation. May you rot in jail & get violated by a gang of illegals.

:eek: Dang, Lou....
Your wife and sheep got you cut-off again?
Better buy 'em some flowers and get in business again...:D

As for rotting in jail and getting violated by illegals.....I wonder if that Valentine 1 radar detector would work for avoidance in this case......????
...I'll be sure not to fall a sleep looking like this guy:eek:
Cuz next.... ya wake up looking like this guy:eek:

Yep its the fuse that says cig. Most of these Buick's have faulty cig receptacles that ground out and pop the fuse.. Check it out it takes 2 seconds.