AMS 500 guys step inside.

KWIKR 1

If the inputs #1 and #2 are wired (ground activated) to a "center off " double throw toggle switch my questions are the following : (based on a 5lb wastegate spring ) .

Situation A ) Input #1 ground activated off of "center off" switch. Stage 1 Dial set to 15 psi .
Target boost will be 20 psi ..correct ?
Stage 2 will NOT activate ...correct ?

Situation B) Input #2 ground activated off of "center off" switch . Stage 2 dial set to 20 psi w/ramp set (stage 1 dial still set at 15psi)
Target boost will be 25 psi w/ramp ....correct ?
Stage 1 will NOT activate or take over ...correct ?

AMS would have to be set in normal mode in order for the above to work ? what Im trying to do is run the 2 stages seperate from one another . where I could run a target boost of 20psi with or without a ramp . Thanks for any help .​

If the inputs #1 and #2 are wired (ground activated) to a "center off " double throw toggle switch my questions are the following : (based on a 5lb wastegate spring ) .​
Situation A ) Input #1 ground activated off of "center off" switch. Stage 1 Dial set to 15 psi .
Target boost will be 20 psi ..correct ?​
Stage 2 will NOT activate ...correct ?​
Situation B) Input #2 ground activated off of "center off" switch . Stage 2 dial set to 20 psi w/ramp set (stage 1 dial still set at 15psi)
Target boost will be 25 psi w/ramp ....correct ?​
Stage 1 will NOT activate or take over ...correct ?​
AMS would have to be set in normal mode in order for the above to work ? what Im trying to do is run the 2 stages seperate from one another . where I could run a target boost of 20psi with or without a ramp . Thanks for any help .​

Target boost will be 20 psi ..correct ? Not correct, its an approximation, desired boost level varies on different vehicles. Its something you have to play with. Some take more then others to target certain boost levels. What you said is just a start point.
Stage 2 will NOT activate ...correct ? Correct
Target boost will be 25 psi w/ramp ....correct ? Not correct, its an approximation, desired boost level varies on different vehicles. Again you have to play with it.
Stage 1 will NOT activate or take over ...correct ? Correct
Follow the sequence for enabling both stages. The light flickering display on the AMS will tell you if both stages are set. First stage must be set with something triggering it. Mine is set from the transbrake. Both stages can have the boost ramped in.​

Ok....i understand that my target boost is a approximation . i also contacted nlr the manufactor of the boost controler . and they confirmed that having the setup like that will allow the 2 different stages to run independent of one another . allowing me to run a approx target value with or without a ramp . that was my major concern . thanks mike . :)

So..running co2 to wastegates should be a better way to control aprox target boost vs manifold signal ?