Amp hook-up to 2000 style gm radio for box

onefastcar

mono e mono
How would i hook hook up an amp to 2 10" speakers through a 2000 style gm radio out of a yukon? Also i am pretty proud of the box i built and covered with some nice pleather from joanne fabrics, i even cut the logo out of wood and painted and laquered it, don't know how the shape will work for acoustics but i don't want to big a boom.:biggrin:

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 85
If your amp has speaker level inputs, you can just tap into the rear speaker wires. Make sure the negative on the amp's inputs are not grounded though. I think most newer GM radios use a floating ground output scheme to drive the speakers. That means if you ground the negative coming out of the radio, it won't like it for long. Poof. You could also get one of these line level adapters. I used one of these in my Blazer for several years. That radio is probably about the same as yours. Just connect the inputs to the rear channels and it's RCA outputs to the amps RCA inputs. This one has level adjustments also. I got it at Crutchfield I think.

David

edit: Crutchfield has a couple listed, search for "level converter". A Best Buy or Circuit City type place near you might have some too.

Attachments

• DSC03010a.jpg
    DSC03010a.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 84
If your amp has speaker level inputs, you can just tap into the rear speaker wires. Make sure the negative on the amp's inputs are not grounded though. I think most newer GM radios use a floating ground output scheme to drive the speakers. That means if you ground the negative coming out of the radio, it won't like it for long. Poof. You could also get one of these line level adapters. I used one of these in my Blazer for several years. That radio is probably about the same as yours. Just connect the inputs to the rear channels and it's RCA outputs to the amps RCA inputs. This one has level adjustments also. I got it at Crutchfield I think.

David

edit: Crutchfield has a couple listed, search for "level converter". A Best Buy or Circuit City type place near you might have some too.

That audiolink LOC is good but over priced. You can get something 1/2 or 1/3 of that price that will do the same job.

David

Exactly. That's why I said to check someplace local...

Sorry don't recall you saying to check someplace locally?