American Racing Track Star

"Street Use"

sure do look nice ... maybe they didn't sell because they are "RACE USE ONLY" :wink:

These wheels are built real simular to the Weld Alumastar's and Magnum's. I've ran both wheels on my True Street cars with no problems, Not really everyday driving but some "Street Use". I think with some caution they could be used on the steet without any problems...

I called Jegs today and ordered a set lol...They say they havent heard of them being discontinued??? The heck with it I have them on there way!!:)

1 piece fronts. 15X10 5" BS with notch
jfitte005.jpg

jfitte006.jpg

jfitte003.jpg

jfitte002.jpg

jps.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

Looks Killer...Car leaves Nice also...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Get kinda mixed reviews on the matched but mismatched wheels. But I like it.

Looks good to me Stu...is that a 28x10?

Also jevens is your car lowered? any problems with the tire rubbing inside the frame? Thanks

Also jevens is your car lowered? any problems with the tire rubbing inside the frame? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Car is lowered...Rear spring pigtails were cut, Front has 2" drop spindles. No rubbing on inside of frame. I have a 1/4" spacer on left side to equal out spacing on tires to wheelwells. The wheelwell lips and moldings are cut at the top portion. The front height is 24.5" and 26" at the rear, it sits really low. Here's a few pics of it, with the finished Suspension Upgrades...

06-12-08001.jpg

06-12-08002.jpg

06-12-08004.jpg

I have these on my car and both front wheel leak air where they are bolted together. I had to put tubes in mine.

Attachments

• DSCN0099[1].JPG
    DSCN0099[1].JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,007
Just a update for you guys with these wheels. I was washing my car yesterday and found 4 crackes in one of my front wheels. Also the price for the wheels have went way up.

Cracked Wheel...

Just a update for you guys with these wheels. I was washing my car yesterday and found 4 crackes in one of my front wheels. Also the price for the wheels have went way up.

WOW...Thanks for the Heads-Up on the wheels. I haven't noticed anything on my wheels yet, I'll make sure to keep a eye on them though. What part of the wheels did the cracks show up at ? If you could post a picture, it would be helpful to see. I did notice that the wheels shot up in price in the latest catalog from Jegs...

EEEE! :eek: Hope I don't see the same problems with the one piece fronts.

Malibuick, that is one of the sharpest TR's I've seen.

Where the wheel bolts together. I will post some picks tonight when I get home. The last time I drove it was at the track 140mph makes you think when you see that of what kind of cage you have. Any thing can happen.

Thanks fo the kind words. Disco I dont think you will have this problem with your wheels. If I do agine those are the ones I will get. Here is a pick its not a very good one I took it with my phone but I marked where the cracks are.

Attachments

• IMG00047-20090129-0804.jpg
    IMG00047-20090129-0804.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,453
I put on my bellbottams and went the disco route. These look alot safer and after taking the others apart I went with the one piece wheel. Plus American Racing wont tell me any thing.

Attachments

• IMG00060-20090211-1849.jpg
    IMG00060-20090211-1849.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 293
I don't like when all four wheels don't look the same...Looks mis-matched to me.:frown: I prefer BY FAR when all the wheels are the same design! :wink:

Claude. :smile: