Amazing WWII pictues.

Wow those were priceless
usa.gif

Thanks for posting that. People forget who we are as Americans and what we have to do to keep our freedoms. Its sad nowadays.....

Amen Ed. those were awesome! war is an ugly place and nothing good ever comes of it. much worse could happen without it tho. must have been quite an interesting time to grow up.

My dad served in the south pacific, I always hope to see him in these pics and videos.
The WWII in HD series on the History Channel was great.

looking at the pics, look how skinny and small everyone was. Its something to know that probably 95% of the people in those pics are deceased. I salute them.

looking at the pics, look how skinny and small everyone was. Its something to know that probably 95% of the people in those pics are deceased. I salute them.
good point. soldiers just seem much larger these days. better fed, nurished and trained tho. it is kinda sad to know all of them in those pics are likely dead by now.

war is no joke and im fortunate to have grown up in an era that was built around men/women like that. america was a very patriotic place back then which im sure helped them in battle.

Amazing! Cant thank all of those men enough. I couldnt imagine being in that situation. THANK YOU!

Those pictures made me think about the stories we heard when I went on a Honor Flight to Washington DC with my dad . Two buses of WWII vets have alot of stories to tell. I met my dads grade school buddy Kenny and fellow Marine on that trip . Both in the 4th marine divsion, both were at Iwo Jima, It's hard to believe they are still with us and don't mind talking about it. Kenny was pinned down behind some blown up equipment taking fire and watching buddies getting picked off. My dad hit the beach later, not on the first wave . He was one of the "lucky" ones , he was issued a flamethrower. It's a good thing he was in great shape because at 5' 6'' 145lbs that 80lb flamethrower didn't make it any easier. God Bless those men !

Here is a picture of my dad & Kenny at the Marine Corps Memorial , My dad is on the left , he is 84 and Kenny 85.

Attachments

• HonorFlight%20046[1].jpg
    HonorFlight%20046[1].jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 79