AM i wrong?

daves87gn

not sure if this is the right place but...

I recently sold a down pipe for cheap ( http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/341894-cheap-down-pipe.html )

it sold for $50 plus shipping here is what i got from the buyer when he received the down pipe, never asked a question about it before buying, not what size flange, will it fit with..., or can i get more pics.... nothing

but got this today.

David-
Recieved the pipe yesterday and it is a big POS. Turbo flange holes do not line up with the turbo, it is not a stainless pipe, it is mild steel and rusted real bad at one end, and it was not ceramic coated, it was painted silver to make it look like that. I want my money back including shipping and compensation for shipping it back to you.

i answered

Very sorry your not satisfied, but not surprised as it seems your never satisfied with anything you purchase. It is not my fault that the down pipe does not fit your turbo, you should have asked since not all turbos have same size exhaust flange. You bought the down pipe for $50 plus shipping that was "sold as is". I bought the down pipe with a set of stage headers i needed but did not need the down pipe, was told it was stainless, and I personally checked with a magnet and the magnet did not stick to down pipe, if your referring to the flange, there all steel from every manufacturer.

sorry but pipe was sold as is

Dave

They buyer has had a few problems here with items he bought which is why I'm posting on this site, I had a terrible felling in my gut when he won that i would have problems. I have sold items for $$$$ and never had a problem, wouldnt risk my rep for $50:rolleyes:
I will never sell to this individual again :mad:

I purposely blocked buyers name do to he has had bad dealing when buying good parts for jumping the gun and want to give him a chance.

so am i wrong for refusing to refund his money?

Thanks
Dave

IMOP You did nothing wrong.

Don't refund him nothing.

Its his fault if he didn't ask questions and make sure what he was bidding on.

And whats not clear about SOLD AS IS?

Yeah you let the thing go cheap as hell, but an inaccurate description should have nothing to do with the price tag. You said it was ceramic coated and he's saying its not. Also I would be kinda pissed if the product I received had a lot of rust on it when the picture shows none. As much as I want to side with a well respected member, I'm not so sure I do this time. Just my .02

Yeah you let the thing go cheap as hell, but an inaccurate description should have nothing to do with the price tag. You said it was ceramic coated and he's saying its not. Also I would be kinda pissed if the product I received had a lot of rust on it when the picture shows none. As much as I want to side with a well respected member, I'm not so sure I do this time. Just my .02

I understand your concerns, and your correct price is not an excuse for inaccurate description, but where is it in accurate? as stated i bought down pipe with set of stage headers i need, was told by sell at that time it was ceramic coated. I personally verified that it was stainless, and there was not rust, since when does stainless rust?

also not my fault it doesn't fit his turbo, would we still have a problem if it fit?

here are more pics please let me know if you see any rust or deception in my add. if im wrong i will make things right.

DP2.jpg

SDP.jpg

SDP2.jpg

I dont think I'm a well respected member yet :biggrin: but trying, let ask a well respected member.

Sold as is means SOLD AS IS!:)

Hey Mark,

How would you handle this or a similar situation?

If i went on your website and bought a specific down pipe and it didnt fit my turbo, I didnt ask any questions just purchased what i thought would fit?

1. complete refund including shipping
2. refund the purchase price only
3. refund of purchase price minus restocking fee

trying to do the right thing here.

In regards to finish of down pipe how would one be able to tell if it was ceramic coated with out damage to finish? I inspected pipe prior to ship, and did seem like paint.

I would also like to add, that is seems like the problem really started when the down pipe didnt fit his turbo. if i received a down pipe that was a POS like buyer describes, I woundnt even bother trying to fit on my turbo, i would have asked for a refund from the gate. I mean what the point of trying to fit a POS to your turbo and in car?

sorry for the long rant just really pissed

Sorry was supposed to say didnt

In regards to finish of down pipe how would one be able to tell if it was ceramic coated with out damage to finish? I inspected pipe prior to ship, and didn't seem like paint.

Your ad didn't say you were told it was ceramic coated it said
IS HAS A DENT IN NORMAL SPOT FROM A-ARM, DOWN PIPE HAS BEEN CERAMIC COATED.
As far as how to tell if it was, I really have no idea how to tell that. I guess I would probably ask the buyer for pics of the so called rust. BTW cheap grades of stainless can rust.

That right there is why i wont sell anything on here especially forr that cheap. Will cause nothing but headache. People are getting worse. I would not give him anything. He can still sell that for more then $50

That right there is why i wont sell anything on here especially for that cheap. Will cause nothing but headache. People are getting worse. I would not give him anything. He can still sell that for more then $50

Your ad didn't say you were told it was ceramic coated it said As far as how to tell if it was, I really have no idea how to tell that. I guess I would probably ask the buyer for pics of the so called rust. BTW cheap grades of stainless can rust.

Ok, i appreciate your response, I'm trying to do the right thing here please so bear with me

would I have less responsibility if i said was told?

that is like saying was told its stainless when its obvious mild steal, and than trying to sell as stainless because that is what i was told, that would be wrong. I tried to confirm what was told to best of my knowledge, and not try to defraud anyone.

and if thats the case, buyer was also told "sold as is"

also in regards to the "rusted real bad at one end" i posted pics, there is no bondo to hide rust behind, I would think real bad rust would be able to show wouldnt you?

again not trying to argue, what would you suggest be the right thing to do in your opinion?

pipe looks good to me and for 50 bucks!!!!! dave you should be calling the cops that was robbery!!!!!1:biggrin: IMO dave you did nothing wrong! but if it was me a would probably just refund the money just because i hate people crying!!!!:mad:

Dave, It's a no win situation for you & before I would let my reputation be tarnished over a lousy $50.00 I would refund his money less the shipping & make sure you get the pipe back first & sell it to someone who would appreciate it. Years ago before fabricated downpipes were available I used to make my own & spend hours doing so. If someone ever tried it they would gladly pay the price for one ready to use. If the buyer has a turbo with a four bolt housing it wouldn't be difficult to weld the correct flange on it to suit his purpose. It's a custom fit situation that cant be bought just any where & the buyer needs to be aware of that. The tubing alone is worth over $50.00

pipe looks good to me and for 50 bucks!!!!! dave you should be calling the cops that was robbery!!!!!1:biggrin: IMO dave you did nothing wrong! but if it was me a would probably just refund the money just because i hate people crying!!!!:mad:

Dave, It's a no win situation for you & before I would let my reputation be tarnished over a lousy $50.00 I would refund his money less the shipping & make sure you get the pipe back first & sell it to someone who would appreciate it. Years ago before fabricated downpipes were available I used to make my own & spend hours doing so. If someone ever tried it they would gladly pay the price for one ready to use. If the buyer has a turbo with a four bolt housing it wouldn't be difficult to weld the correct flange on it to suit his purpose. It's a custom fit situation that cant be bought just any where & the buyer needs to be aware of that. The tubing alone is worth over $50.00

Thanks Guys

I know, guess just frustrated its not about the money its about whats right.

i get

" you sold me a POS that didnt fit and i want my all my money back and for you to pay to ship it back to you" he takes no responsibility or fault with HIS purchase.

if it would have been

hey dave got the pipe it didnt fit its more beat up than i thought even for $50 bucks, can we work something out, would have been a no brainer

but dont call me a cheat, when the flange doesnt fit and demand i pay for shipping both ways.

I have contacted buyer and requested pics of rust, like i said trying to do the right thing.

Gil, will PM you

I guess I would probably ask the buyer for pics of the so called rust.

Well followed your advice, requested pics of rust, in order to resolve this matter and end it peacefully and got

Tell you what Dave, I already contacted you about the pipe through Ebay and you blew me off so let's see what Ebay decides and then we may talk

so much for trying to do the right thing :rolleyes:

and just to be fair, i did blow him off only after he demanded i refund the purchase price, his shipping and the cost to ship it back to me :rolleyes:

I stand by my original statement. SOLD AS IS! Looking at it from a NON vendor standpoint though. Sometimes us vendors have to jump thru flaming hoops of fire to satisfy some people.:biggrin:

Recently did a non vendor auction on ebay of a non Buick part. Was a dual HVAC controller for a 98 Grand Prix that I had sold and had this extra controller. Stated as such that it was a dual controller AND the picture clearly showed as such. Guy had the balls to insist I need to refund his money because it doesn't fit his 98 Grand Prix. Asked him if his car had the dual controller. Ummmmm, no it doesn't. Well...... didn't you read the auction?? Yeah, but it doesn't fit my car! :rolleyes: Took the hit on the negative feedback and told him he would be better off reselling it on ebay to someone who knows what he needs.:)

Down pipe

Bi the pics that down pipe look killer and because it did fit, he sould have taken a good look at what he had on his car and what he was bying and ask some questions about it frist. I would told him to get lost just my o2s