Am I asking too much???

Rogue, I applaud your honesty. Not something you often see from people trying to sell a perfomance car. There is nothing that has ever really ticked me off like driving a distance to see a cherry car and find it in not to prestine of condition. If they know when they drive in, it is not perfect, they are much more likely not to be shocked so bad when they start looking. The only problem with these types of cars is when you NEED to sell them, they aren't desired greatly. A car is something of a labor of love and not so much an investment. Most rare cars, are often not desired enough by the broad market to sustain higher prices. Most builders realize, when it gets to the point of selling a car they have as a project, they normally only get 50% of their investment back. It's a crappy reality, but it is reality. Good luck, and hang in there as long as you can bud. ,,,,,,,Mark:D

Thanks man... I guess what bothers me is Ive seen absolute JUNK TTA's in the past pull in $8,500-9,000 and my car is 1/3 the mileage of them and in MUCH MUCH better condition, so selling it for 50% of my investment is not only a loss its a slap in the face... Im no stranger to losing money on cars, but I feel like Im gonna hugely regret it if I give it away, so i wannawait a bit longer, but in the same respect I realllly need it gone. Im gonna lose out on the PERFECT car if I dont sell soon.

I buying a new daily driver this week, so hopefully that will help....

Rogue, best lesson I ever learned about cars; don't get emotionally invested in them, they will mess you up worse than a bad woman. But really, wasn't this the perfect car for you when you found it? Cars come and go, you will find the "right one" again. Patience is a virtue, but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck being patient though. Good luck dude.

Maybe the best thing to do would be to daily drive the TTA and pick up a cheap beater for wintertime. I just bought a TTA as a driver, and am kind of thinking about a no mile car as an investment because this seems to me to be THE time to pick one up. I'd guess that it's like anything else, these cars have probably depreciated as far as they're going to go and have no option but to increase in value...eventually. Maybe in a couple of years you can recoup or even make a little on your car. Good Luck:cool:

well a new daily driver is coming next week hopefully. Like i said I hate leaving it places where stuff can happen to it, it has no door mouldings... Never before would I park it anywhere I couldnt keep an eye on it... and I REALLLLLY dont wanna spend any more money on it... And this car is expensive no matter how you look at it, even the fact I cant run cheap gas.. I have a 30 mile round trip commute and it adds up when you gotta pay 2 bux a gallon (and when youre 22 its IMPOSSIBLE to get the best gas mileage outta this car! ;) ). Plus as everyone knows when you have a lot of HP stuff breaks..

The way I see it is the car isnt worth having if you dont enjoy it... Racing it i how I enjoy this car, and racing it causes it to break its a viscous cycle, these cars go thru parts like water as everyone knows... As I said I cant afford to fix it anymore, its running great now and I want it to stay that way, but I need a NEW reliable car (with A/C lol) for my commute and so on which I cannot afford when I have $10g's sitting in my driveway. Yea the TTA has A/C that works, but like I said Im gonna put a ton of miles on a 30k mile car that is already diminished in value because of its condition, I'll just be throwing all its value out the window.

BTW Honestly when I bought this car it wasnt the "right one" It required more work than I was looking for (which I did a lot of), but at least it was WAY faster than stock.. It was also the ONLY decent one that wasnt a 2k mile garage queen in the NY area cause I was young at the time and my dad was a jerk about it and wouldnt let me go out of state. Plus I bought it from a friend. The car turned out better than I expected and I did a lot of work on it, but at least it was reliable and so on. Im a perfectionist and I cant afford perfection on this car, I have other things I want to spend my money on (open wheel racing, just did it at skip barber), so the car has to go..