Aluminum Stage II 4.1 block

HOLY S HIT!

ANOTHER BLOWER!!!

That makes what 5 of us now Mike?

Sweet sweet!

man these buicks dooooo like there blowers.

A.j.

do you guys have any problems with running the blower or anything precautions you had to take?

My current supercharger is not on a stage, but a production 3.8.

The only troubles I have encountered are really only specific to the production motor.

I was breaking the crank right at the number 1 journal. but I followed Mike's advice and set up a crank snout support and I havent had any issues since.

I have never heard or seen any problems on a forged stage 2 crank,
so you will probably be fine.

A.j.

I have a virgin 4.1 block from Tom Carter in Redwood City that is featured on the resource block guide on gnttype.org. The blocks are really interesting. There was no provision for oil pick up tube as they were designed for dry sump. There is no oiling provision for a turbo either.

Sounds like its no stronger than a 109 block. The TA aluminum block however, that's a whole different ball game.

Mike

It is stronger than a 109 block and good for about 1000hp, but not much more. Needs LOTS of machining like a TA block. I sold this block to Dominic and he currently has it on eBay. It's worth about $2K, but most guys say its a paper weight because of the cost to machine and build, compared to the power output.