aluminum rodeck block

chevyII

would an aluminum block be safe to run at 1500hp-2000hp turbo charged. I have a line on one that was used for sprint cars. Has a heavy weight crank and oliver rods. 406ci siamesed bore.

Also what kind of power could be made from a brodix -10 heads?

The rodecks are some of the best blocks out there and aluminum is fine to use. Some say cast iron will make more power but I'd rather have aluminum to save weight. They 100# lighter than the iron blocks.

With it being a used block I'd want to make sure it hasn't been run hot or welded up due to something coming apart in it. The good thing about aluminum is that unless something catastrophic happens to the block, they can be repaired.

You also need to know if it's a standard deck height or tall deck as well as what stroke they used to get the 406. If you can use the crank and it's a 3.85 stroke built for a 6.0 rod in a standard deck height you can run into issues getting the compression where you want it if your heads have small chambers (45cc) With a large chamber head (64cc) you will be fine.

I'd want to know what the weight of the crank is and what brand it is. You need to know how many races the rods have on them. I'm sure nothing is wrong with them but with power your talking I'd sell the older rods to someone making less power and buy new.

The heads will depend on what version they are. The -10 that only flows 270 on the intake will make 1400 with over 30# of boost. The WP 10's that flow around 330 will make 1600 or so.

@ 2000FWHP, I'd be all for alum rods... GRP is a fav w/ the big 10.5 Fird guys here.
I'd also have that block zyglo'd for cracks.. especially in the main webs...