Aluminum Grand National Rims

I need 17" GTA Wheels!

Brian, any kind of time frame you can give of when you'll start selling them? I love GTA/GNX wheels, and I think 17" and 18" versions would sell very well. And just a note, it seems high performance street tires (i.e. Goodyear F1 Supercar tires, and the like) are geared toward 17" and larger wheels.

Brian:
I would be all over a set of 17" replica GNX rims in less than a heartbeat if the centers were cast all of the way out to the aluminum rim part. Do you still have those 17" banded GNX rims that you guys made up?

I would have to agree, the banded style arent what I like but if the centers could be brought all the way out, it would be really nice!!

ALUMINUM GN Wheel Pictures

Feed back is needed. Good bad what ever!

Something we opted out was the outside valley that is good for nothing but catching dirt. that is the groobe you can see in the bottom picture. It is about as wide as your finger tip. Every wheel we get in to re-do has dirt,rust & grime built up into it.

I'm thinking we Probably will have the valve stem moved to the shell but wanted input.

The exterior bead lock we are thinking of keeping but not sure because there are alot of tires out that don't require them. We are guessing keep it for the originality look.

I'm sure your next question is on the cap & lugs & we are working thru that now.

Attachments

• AluminumGNwheeldesign-1.jpg
    AluminumGNwheeldesign-1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,387
  • AluminumGNwheeldesign-2.jpg
    AluminumGNwheeldesign-2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,193
  • GNOEWheel.jpg
    GNOEWheel.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,196
WOW Brian! Those aluminum GN wheels are beautiful!!!! :eek:

got me thinking twice about what I want on my GN.

how about 17x8 and 17x9 versions? :biggrin: I'd be all over that!!!

how about 17x8 and 17x9 versions? :biggrin: I'd be all over that!!!

THAT would be INSANE!!!! I would jump on that in an instant!

Brian, those wheels look killer. I like the idea of losing the valley.
When can we order? Ha

Nice job!

They look pretty good. Seems like the angle of the inner part of the rims needs to be changed slightly. It appears to be a little too flat compared to the stock rim. It seems as tho that would be an easy fix but maybe not? The spacing in the holes needs to be shortened a little as well. Seems as if they are about 1/2 inch to large.

It's hard to really get an idea of what they will look like without the center cap attached but it looks like they are getting pretty dam close.

They look pretty good. Seems like the angle of the inner part of the rims needs to be changed slightly. It appears to be a little too flat compared to the stock rim. It seems as tho that would be an easy fix but maybe not? The spacing in the holes needs to be shortened a little as well. Seems as if they are about 1/2 inch to large.

It's hard to really get an idea of what they will look like without the center cap attached but it looks like they are getting pretty dam close.

Brett it is a computer drawing. I have other drawings here of the center sections actual dimensions.
The picture states in the left hand corner 5 on 4.75".

It's not 1986 anymore, people like bigger wheels now a days. Thats a fact. 16's were cool 12 years ago. Plane and simple.

Am I the only one that is proud to cruise around on my 15's, T-tops off, Poison TAPE blaring, and mullet flapping in the wind :D ?

In all seriousness, I would be very interested in a pair of 15x8 and a pair of 15x7's. Probably too early to know, but any idea what the weight of the wheel will be?

Looks pretty good. I can understand getting rid of the step in the lip for keeping them cleaner but I'm not a fan of wheels where the lip is entirely flat. Older cars look much better with the step-lip rims that provide a little bit of contrast to the human eye and really let you notice how deep the lip is. But if anything I'm more interested in the potential GNX wheels so I won't crab too much about what is done with the GN wheel. It looks damn good I just like the step in the lip more.

Looks pretty good. I can understand getting rid of the step in the lip for keeping them cleaner but I'm not a fan of wheels where the lip is entirely flat. Older cars look much better with the step-lip rims that provide a little bit of contrast to the human eye and really let you notice how deep the lip is. But if anything I'm more interested in the potential GNX wheels so I won't crab too much about what is done with the GN wheel. It looks damn good I just like the step in the lip more.

I plan on keeping the outside lip the same as the factory. Unless we get alot of no We don't want it. The lip I was referring to, as far as keeping it clean is the lip on the shell or barrel. It is about an inch back in towards the center from the outside lip. If you compare the original to the ones above it you should be able to see it.

As far as the 17" GNX wheels I posted a proto type we built about a year or so ago. Let me see if I can find it.
I found 1 from the side But I had posted a full front view. Must have accidently deleated it or saved it in a different file.

Any way you can see if you look we added a 1/2" bead around the center then powder coated it. You can tell the center setion has it. With this new company I think we can get it stretched instead of adding the 1/2" bead around it.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,082
Brian:
The aluminum GN rim pictures look just beautiful. I will be all over a set of front & rear 17" GNX replica rims when you get them out, but probably only if the bead can be deleted & the mesh runs all of the way out to the rims.

Brett it is a computer drawing. I have other drawings here of the center sections actual dimensions.
The picture states in the left hand corner 5 on 4.75".

Any more prototype computer pics of the stock style rims? Maybe you could post several and conduct a poll to see which prototypes the members like most?

Brian, as far as the GNX rim goes, try to stretch out the pattern in the middle versus adding the 1/2 bead like what was done on the prototype listed above. More sex appeal.