Aluminum Driveshaft

Firechaser

V8-2 cylinders=2x the $
Here's what I got, I bought this off another member here about a year ago to put in my car...sold that car and the driveshaft sat. This driveshaft is a 3" hollow aluminum w/ 1350 yokes (caps are larger then the stock caps...assuming 1350's) HOWEVER it is 1" longer than a stock driveshaft...I took a picture w/ a stock driveshaft to show the extra 1" length. guy I bought it from claimed it came out of his GN?!? A respected member on this board thought it may have been for a car w/ a Ford 9" in it. Will it work on a stock GN? no idea! anyways, here's some pic's...nice & shiny and very light...has good U joints w/ greasable fittings. $300 shipped sound fair? in the lower 48 states, paypal OK. PBTW: the stock driveshaft is NOT included, just for photo purposes of the length difference :D

IMAG0427.jpgIMAG0423.jpgIMAG0424.jpgIMAG0425.jpgIMAG0426.jpg

Interested. Let me do some research abOut the added length. Have anything to do with pinion yoke?

Interested. Let me do some research abOut the added length. Have anything to do with pinion yoke?

I don't know, what I posted is what I know about it :)

take $200 for it?

Pretty sure it will need to be shorten that 1" for the right amount of travel.

Shaun

take $200 for it?

Pretty sure it will need to be shorten that 1" for the right amount of travel.

Shaun

Can't go that low, between paypal fees & shipping I would let it rot in my garage :)

It could have been made for a GN with South side bars (Or any of the ones that move the axle back a bit) as they will allow for a longer shaft to be used and have the same spline contact on the Out put shaft of the Trans ;) Just what I learned the hard way with having a shaft made for one of my old cars and then taking the south sides out and finding the shaft to be right about 1" to long. Hence I had to have that one shortened up to work ;)
Hope it helps someone and your sale

re: Drive Shaft

i will take the aluminum drive shaft if it is still available for $250.00 shipped to 06492
I am putting the south side machine lower control arms in and didnt realize the drive shaft length changes...
Pm me with payment info (paypal)