Alum. driveshaft

You don't want an aluminum driveshaft. They break with a good amount of torque. Stick with the steel driveshaft and beef up the yolks and the u-joints.

Don't take my word for it. Ask the members here too. They will tell you the same thing. Just trying to help. I would hate to see you spend money on a part that really does not function well on your GN/T-Type and get left stranded because of an iminent failure.

I hope this helps.

ChristianKustomz - John

You don't want an aluminum driveshaft. They break with a good amount of torque. Stick with the steel driveshaft and beef up the yolks and the u-joints.

Don't take my word for it. Ask the members here too.............
ChristianKustomz - John

Don't ask me, as I know of 8 sec. cars, and many 9 sec. cars with alum driveshafts. :confused:

Thats very true. I know many people running aluminum driveshafts with great success however I have spoken to several people in the last couple of weeks who have been running aluminum driveshafts on their GN's and broke them. They switched back to the steel ones and not a problem. I have one experience with an aluminum DS and it wasn't good. But again they are great for some cars but for these GN's they really are not good. Even many of the vendors I have spoken to about this issue have said the same thing. The aluminums break and are not worth it in these cars. Beef up the yolks and the u-joints and they will out perform the aluminums all day long. I just don't think it's a good investment on these cars.

Thats very true. I know many people running aluminum driveshafts with great success however I have spoken to several people in the last couple of weeks who have been running aluminum driveshafts on their GN's and broke them. They switched back to the steel ones and not a problem. I have one experience with an aluminum DS and it wasn't good. But again they are great for some cars but for these GN's they really are not good. Even many of the vendors I have spoken to about this issue have said the same thing. The aluminums break and are not worth it in these cars. Beef up the yolks and the u-joints and they will out perform the aluminums all day long. I just don't think it's a good investment on these cars.
I know of one Tsm racer that ran an aluminum driveshaft to bottom 9's repeatedly. Not all driveshafts are equal.

Lots of nuts on here apparently

Apparently so............
notallthere.gif