Alternator issue and oxygen sensor question

XBreed

Hey guys. It has been a long time since I have been on here, mainly because of a lack of time and funds to play with my Buick, however I need some help. I can not find anyone in Minnesota that can help me so I am coming to you guys. First, my car is eating alternators like they are candy. It will read 14.1 V on my scan master but it drains the battery when the car is turned off and the key is out. The only way for me to keep a charged battery in the car is to disconnect it, needless to say I am sick of popping the hood every time I want to drive it. Has anyone had this issue and if so do you know a fix for it? I have narrowed it down to the alternator because the car is great for two weeks after I put a new one in and then after that if it sits for a couple days it is completely dead.
Second, I would like to run race fuel in my car when I have my race chip in but I don't want to replace oxygen sensors all the time either. Is there a way to trick the sensors or does any one know of unleaded race fuel? I am trying to run 110. Thanks in advance guys. This car is way to much fun to let it sit but I can't keep putting alternators in it at the rate I am. It's like I have to replace it and check the gas. It's crazy.

Hey guys. It has been a long time since I have been on here, mainly because of a lack of time and funds to play with my Buick, however I need some help. I can not find anyone in Minnesota that can help me so I am coming to you guys. First, my car is eating alternators like they are candy. It will read 14.1 V on my scan master but it drains the battery when the car is turned off and the key is out. The only way for me to keep a charged battery in the car is to disconnect it, needless to say I am sick of popping the hood every time I want to drive it. Has anyone had this issue and if so do you know a fix for it? I have narrowed it down to the alternator because the car is great for two weeks after I put a new one in and then after that if it sits for a couple days it is completely dead.
Second, I would like to run race fuel in my car when I have my race chip in but I don't want to replace oxygen sensors all the time either. Is there a way to trick the sensors or does any one know of unleaded race fuel? I am trying to run 110. Thanks in advance guys. This car is way to much fun to let it sit but I can't keep putting alternators in it at the rate I am. It's like I have to replace it and check the gas. It's crazy.

Sounds to me like its a short in the system somewhere and not the alternator itself .. do you have a amp meter that you can monitor current draw ... with and without the Alternator connected ? .. do you have a VOLT booster .. if so which one ??

If in MN .. .switch over to E85 and never have to worry about Racechip switching or O2's .. its simple and effective

On the battery drain it could be the Dome light if you have a hardtop. Mine will drain the battery if I have a bulb in it even though the light is not on.

Turbo 89, last I heard the jury was still out on E85? What do I need to do to switch? Are there any threads on here about E85? I can get my hands on just about any tools I need. I have a hand held volt meter if that would do the trick. Where would I monitor the voltage draw from?

Turbo 89, last I heard the jury was still out on E85? What do I need to do to switch? Are there any threads on here about E85? I can get my hands on just about any tools I need. I have a hand held volt meter if that would do the trick. Where would I monitor the voltage draw from?

Depends what Jury .... Goto the E85 section .. a lot of good information there ... lots of reading and lots of myths put to rest .

E85 is the simplest , most cost effective, most bang for the buck mod you can do to a turbo buick period ..

Total switch over consists of a fuel pump, chip, set of injectors (about $500 for the complete switch over) and nothing comes close to providing the power for that price...