Alternator/battery charging issue part2

FAST8T7

Ok the last I posted a thread with a charging issue I had replaced the alternator and battery all the power seems to drain it self it idles like crap and and some times has no power over 35-40 a few people recommended a few things and I took the advice and still ha I got the same problem .... So far I have done the alternator / battery , bulb resistor mod , caspers field fix kit ran an additional 8 gauge wire that the alternator from kirbans requires its a 200 amp .... The volt light stays on at all times ... I chargers the battery over night it started fine but after awhile the power drains it self till there is no more what do you guys think the problem can be now ???

Put a meter between the positive battery post and the positive cabe, start pulling fuses until the drain goes away. You will then know which circuit to start tracing...until you find the circuit you will be guessing blindly.

Bryan

Put a meter between the positive battery post and the positive cabe, start pulling fuses until the drain goes away. You will then know which circuit to start tracing...until you find the circuit you will be guessing blindly.

Bryan
Thanks Bryan

When you do the above suggestion it is usually limited to measuring less than 10 amps or you will blow the fuse in the meter. This is probably fine if your measuring a parasitic draw, but don't turn the ignition switch or anything on. If you have access to a friend or somebody that will lend you an inductive style DC amp clamp you simply clamp it over the battery cable and proceed with pulling fuses.