Alright, damnit!!

F

FastDriver

I'm ready to learn my lesson about GNs. I have a nicely modified, but still N/A mustang with the stock 302 shortblock save cam. Are any of you guys in or around Dayton, OH and would like to get together and run 'em? It'd be all in good fun, of course. Oh, and one constraint: it'd have to wait until I came home for xmas break on the 19th of DEC.

Chris Arnold

Oh, and don't get the wrong idea about the subject, I wasn't really angry when I wrote it.

I am sure that you are going to have a lot of BUICK Turbo Car coming your way with that kind of invitation . It's to bad I'm living about 800 miles from your place , I would be first in line to race that fast Mustang . ;)

Just name your flavor buddy, 9's, 10's, 11's, or 12's there are plenty of each to go around. How hard do you want to get spanked, its on you?

Originally posted by nickb
Just name your flavor buddy, 9's, 10's, 11's, or 12's there are plenty of each to go around. How hard do you want to get spanked, its on you?

What if the Mustang guy wins?

Well if he wins I'll be man enough to give him the thumb up , but I really doubt that . You have to put a fortune on a Mustang suspension to get it to launch properly , compare to a Buick Turbo ( Mustangs have very little weight transfer). ;) I'll be gone and he will still be there. :p

He will have to be running in the 10's to surprise me . That would be a lot of fun anyway to put the pedal to the metal. ;)

Stock 3.8 block, steel main caps, heavy port & polish heads, 1.65 roller rockers, Kenne Bell intake port & polish, Kenne Bell Dog House and throttle body 70mm, ATR Stainless Headers, ATR Delta Gate, ATR 3 inch Downpipe, ATR 3 inch single shot, Turbo TE61, Duttweiler Front Mount Intercooler, NOS in the Intercooler , 009 42.5 Injectors, ajustable fuel pressure regulator, Bosch High performance fuel pump with in-line fuel pump .

Hotchkiss race suspension upper and lower, 90/10 front 50/50 back, ATR big sway bar, pinion snuber, air bag, Strange axel, 9 inchs Art Carr 3500-3800 stall converter, Art-Carr transmission Super heavy duty build, stock 3.42,stock 215/65/15 front, BF Drag Radials 275/50/15 back .

That's my little Black Buick .
:cool:

Originally posted by buickfreak
You have to put a fortune on a Mustang suspension to get it to launch properly , compare to a Buick Turbo

Not really. My Mustang cuts better 60' times than my GN. See the links in my sig.

Originally posted by blackshoebox
That never happens. :eek: ;) Not with an N/A 302 atleast.

Even if the Mustang has a butt-load of mods and money into it?

Simple, maybe you have more skills launching a non-turbo car :rolleyes: 2.08 60' is quite horrible for a Turbo Buick.

And sorry but you must have some problems driving that car hard for only running 13.873 with the mods you have. Sometimes we have to blame the driver for bad times at the track, not always the car. :rolleyes:

It's funny how some guys can put a ton of parts into there and slightly break into the 13's, and other guys can do that stock. ??????

funny isnt it ;) Sometimes it's the driver's fault, but other times it's only because the car needs some major tuning.

buick freak, you obviosly know nothing about mustangs and there suspension, and please keep it that way.Next year, if you ever come down to to e-town, i will run my stock block N/A car to your boosted buick.

We were talking about the stock 302 block like the guy said in his first post. Don't jump to conclusions that fast.

Looks like he was talking about a stock 302 block as well.

FWIW, I disagree about you leaving me at the line. I think that's a mustang's strong suit, as well. I could be wrong, but hey, the proof is in the pudding.

So anyone here from the area?

Chris

Mustangs does not grab at all unless you have a full custom race suspension . Around where I live there's dozens of Mustangs with Modifications, and they are Super for smoke shows but for Launching they are running short a Distance. I know only 2 really Potent Mustangs that Launch like crazy, one's running 10.42 with a 408 and the other one 10.70 with a 351, both NA . But the first one does not run on the street . Next season , I have a meet with them , and a big , big surprise for both .

Mods coming up :
Carbon or Aluminium Driveshaft
72 lb Injectors Siemens
SMC Alky Kit
3.5 LT1 MAF, Translator+ with Super chip ;)

Well, what's the best 60' time anyone's clicked off on their street tires with NO suspension mods in here?

I don't think I've ever seen a Mustang get below a 2.0 with what I outlined above. Honestly I hear a lot of Mushwang owners complain about wheel hop. This doesn't seem to be a problem for either GNs or TTAs.

I've never run any of my GNs but my TTA pulled a pretty impressive 60' on streets....:D