Alot of Knock last night

Azrial89

Okay, so her is how it goes, last night I was racing a guy from work from about a 40mph roll, got into it in third and as the boost built up, my steering wheel height adjustment gave out and it popped down, as I tried to adjust myself at a high rate of speed I bumped my gear lever and it kicked down Ito 2nd and as soon as I felt it I let off and up shifted but when I hit the recall button, it showed it read 34 deg of KR... Now I know it was my own damn fault, but how much of this knock was the motor being hurt, and how much was from the violent downshift? The car seems to be running fine, no odd noises or strange readings. What tests do I need to perform to make sure I did not destroy anything? I have a stock wastegate actuator and a new DW pump and Hotwire kit as an update to my signature.

it was probably false knock from all the violence outside of the combustion chamber

Okay, so her is how it goes, last night I was racing a guy from work from about a 40mph roll, got into it in third and as the boost built up, my steering wheel height adjustment gave out and it popped down, as I tried to adjust myself at a high rate of speed I bumped my gear lever and it kicked down Ito 2nd and as soon as I felt it I let off and up shifted but when I hit the recall button, it showed it read 34 deg of KR... Now I know it was my own damn fault, but how much of this knock was the motor being hurt, and how much was from the violent downshift? The car seems to be running fine, no odd noises or strange readings. What tests do I need to perform to make sure I did not destroy anything? I have a stock wastegate actuator and a new DW pump and Hotwire kit as an update to my signature.
Oh, and by the way, there is probably nothing wrong with your steering wheel. All it is is 4 loose screws deep in the column. Been there, done that.

Drove the car to work today, all seems well. From a rolling run up to 85 in 3rd without shifting, I only experienced .7KR @ WOT. Checked all areas along the heads to make sure everything looked okay, no milkshake in the oil. I do believe I dodged a bullet with this freakshow...