Almost 4 years later....

6APPEAL

It's been almost 4 years since my 86 GN was totaled. The date is burned in my memory since it was only 5 days before my 1st child was born. When that 18 wheeler hit me I wondered if I would even see my daughter born.:eek: The car has been sittin in my garage since being towed home from the body shop. I just didn't have the desire to look at it or mess with it for months, so it stayed under the car cover.:frown:

Fast foward a 2 years and I find what I think is the perfect replacement car, an 87 GN that was a race car. I get a excited about my cars again, but after tearing into the car, I discover that it would be MUCH cheaper to leave it a race car. Way too much stuff to replace or repair. No problem, except that I find out my wife and I are having child # 2. No money for a while, but I find a great deal on an 85 T as a roller. I purchase the car with the intention converting it to an 86/87 drivetrain, but plans get derailed again. You gotta love it when life gets in the way.:p

Fast foward again to this weekend. I finally decide that I need to work on my cars. I started stripping the 86 GN. I get all the interior out except the shifter, dash and column. The rear is stripped, deck lid, tail lights, bumper fillers, bumper, bumper brackets, and rear wiring harness. Start on the front, where the big damage is. The bumper, bumper fillers, bumper brackets, header panel, both fenders, and passenger inner fender are trash. I saved the grill, hood, driver's inner fender, and front end wiring harness. I almost got the engine wiring harness out. I still have to drain all the fluids to get the core support, radiator, and A/C stuff out before pulling the engine. I had forgotten how much fun and fustration there was to working on these cars.:rolleyes:

So right now, my plans are to get down to 1 (a nice all purpose) or 2 cars (a streeter and a racer) since through the years my priorities have changed. My 2 little girls rule the pocket book now. So I'm going to finish the 86/87 drivetrain transplant into the 85 T and sell it. Inventory all my parts that I have gathered through the years and sell what I don't need. I think I've got enough stuff to build almost 4 complete cars.

I hate it when I start making sense.:rolleyes:
John