all people who have had there car stolen please look.

87grandnat

i was just curious about everyone that has had a gn or turbo t stolen how was it secured? Did everyone have an alarm system or any kind of theft deterant device? Maybe we can all come up with a good combo to keep our cars from being stolen, thanks.

Well mine was never stolen but I've got 2 kill switches one under the hood and one in the trunk. They are hidden well. I also have that Kirban mystery theft set up for the ECM. I have an expensive alarm.. and one of those steering wheel collar locks. Remember to turn the wheels all the way one direction and at least it will be hard to get it on the flatbed or tow truck! Oh and my car is always locked in the garage and I never park it anywhere that I can't see it :)

Stolen 87 GN

Mine had a factory alarm, and it was locked and the windows up,
if it went off, the only way you could shut it off was to use the door key. I have checked out different alarm systems,
Onstar and lojack, onstar has a monthly fee lojack don't well onstar can't go through walls, train cars
because it runs off sattelite but lojack can go through anything,
You can bet my next car will have Lojack, I called them they come out to you to install it.
there no is 1-800-456-5225 it cost $695.00 plus tax and they have another one that cost $995.00 . When I looked up Lojack on the internet the no. is 1-800-4-lojack they said when I'm ready, call them well I have to get a car first, I have not heard anything , I can't even get in touch with the Det. that is handeling my case, and I am waiting for my ins. co to pay off it was 3 wks. sat sence I sent her all my papers on the car, I had to prove the up keep.

Peggy

wow sorry to hear about that peggy, i have mine with a alarm system with a kill switch, with a pager on my keys and if my alarm goes off i know about it immediatly and its not satallite so right when my alarm goes off i know, plus i got the collar gaurd and the club (which i know would stop someone from trying to take it but at least it would slow them down some) phillyturbosix sounds like you got your car armed up pretty good.

I had an 87 Naturally Aspirtaed regal stolen from me a littl eover a year ago. It had a sweet paint job, chrome wheels, and lifted three inches in the back. It worked out for the better, im driving a Turbo T now. I had the car locked with the windows up, no alarm or kill switch. The thieves cut throught he door under the lock and it fissured the door open enoguh so they could get in there and bypass the lock. The car was stolen while I was at work and they broke into the passenger side which was facing away from the store. They then punched the ignition and drove it until it was out of gas. I got it back three days later from the really rough part of Fort Myers(where Cops is filmed). The passenger side of the car was smashed in, there were tracks of hippy lettuce on the floor, the cd player gone, along with anything else inside, and the car was covered in mud. This may help you guys prepare your cars better against theft now that you know of one method they use.

-Justin Spaulding

It does hit home when someone local gets there GN stolen. I ran into a friend last weekend who I have not seen in a few years. I knew he owned a GN but I never see it. This guy has many cars and puts some away for years at a time then dirves them for awhile and puts them back away. Well I ran into him and he told me his GN was stolen in August of last year. Here is the part that makes you go freak when it comes to security on these cars... It was in his grandmothers garage, No battery, No coil pack, No fuse in the ECM, and the tires were low on air! It's a typical row home in NE Philly about 10 blocks from my house! The driveway is also about 20ft or so. AND he had a huge lock on the gate. Well they cut the lock on the gate and I would guess someone flatbedded it out in the middle of the night and no one even saw or heard them. 2 weeks later it was found in the back of some warehouses on State road about 5 min drive from where it was stolen and it was a shell! He said even the headliner was gone! There was nothing. He is still sick to his stomach over it. It was a low milage loaded GN with the rare moonroof. So I guess if some asshole theif wants it.. they will somehow find a way one way or another. It's a shame these cars are worth so much more in parts. I have a garage full of arcade games right now and I'll be moving them somewhere else real soon and putting my car in the garage all the time as well! With collector insurance you get paid off but it still makes you sick as the Buick Grand National is one of best, most funest cars I've ever owned. So lock em down hard!

Re: My security system.

Originally posted by Buickcruiser
I’ve got a 44 magnum and a watchful eye!!!!!!

:cool:

My security is the S&W 500 Revolver..(AKA Elephant Gun)

Glock 40 cal. w/ built in lazer sites.. gotta keep in mind they usually try to steal it at night. ;) Where the red dot goes.. bang!

Re: Re: My security system.

Originally posted by aperrego
My security is the S&W 500 Revolver..(AKA Elephant Gun) Do you really?? Those things are nice. How’s the recoil?

The recoil is similiar to getting hit by a tractor trailer going 100MPH.. Damn near knocks you on your azz...

Hi

Are those 75 pounders the RC High Impendances injectors for the stock ECM??? If so how do ya like them??? Also that gun sounds awesome I am looking for a new toy.. Are they hard to come by the S&W 500??? Do ya have a pic of it??

Bow Wow

My alarm is my 85# junk yard dog pitbull mix. The really cool thing is he does not bark until he is on you. I had some friends come over so i locked him in the house. Well he broke though the window trying to defend his area. Truly bad @ss, never seen anything like it! Everyone ran like hell, and now no one wants to come over to visit. I guess that is why most junkyards have dogs running around in them to keep thieves away.

Re: Hi

Originally posted by RUQWKNF27
Are those 75 pounders the RC High Impendances injectors for the stock ECM??? If so how do ya like them??? Also that gun sounds awesome I am looking for a new toy.. Are they hard to come by the S&W 500??? Do ya have a pic of it??

Hey there.. The 75's req the ECM mod..I dont think they have gone higher than 60's for the stock ecm.Luv em though.. Just a great completion to the combo...

In any event no pix but here is the same from S&W Site. Not tooo hard to come by with the $$$$ point. I got mine from a local shop. ~920-1100 depending upon what you get.

SW 500

Re: Bow Wow

Originally posted by PEACHS
My alarm is my 85# junk yard dog pitbull mix. The really cool thing is he does not bark until he is on you. I had some friends come over so i locked him in the house. Well he broke though the window trying to defend his area. Truly bad @ss, never seen anything like it! Everyone ran like hell, and now no one wants to come over to visit. I guess that is why most junkyards have dogs running around in them to keep thieves away.

Bull Terriers were bred as Sentry dogs. They do not want to tip off their target until they are close enough for the kill, hence no barking. They possess an eerily powerful jaw - the clamping force is stunning.

My Dad has had one since it was a puppy. I met the dog when he was about 6 weeks. I only visit once a year or so (he lives 1200 miles away). No matter what, that dog knows me, wags its tail, etc. He is a very friendly, but very loyal dog.

If anyone else walks on the property unannounced - they are in deep $hit. These dogs do not hesitate to warn with a quick non penetrating nip. They also instinctly bite the back of the victim's leg to disable their victim.

Genetics are amazing.

i have nothing, not even factory alarm, and my pit sleeps with me inside.:( I'd feel like such a fn idiot if mine got stolen. I do have a camera watching when i'm not!:) with all the fn $ I've been spending on performance it would be a shame to see it go!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: .The worst part is i have to park in a driveway behind 2 honda's and I gotta be all stikin out in the streetThanks guys, an alarm will be installed asap. I've had a car stolen from here too! thats why i got the eye in the sky! I have a hard time learning the harder way sometimes.
Has anyone seen the tv comercial for the jetta(i think) The guy walks out to his crappy car, makes sure no ones lookin,and snatches the car cover off it and reveals the brand new car,That would be a good anti theft device. Or make it look like a honda somehow, no worries about theft there;)

my car (1984 regal ltd) was stolen at my work. it was feb 14 2001 (valentines day) it was raining. I had a alpine alarm, windows up, doors locked, alarmed armed.

found it 7 days later about 25 miles west in a differnt city (dayton)
steering wheel was gone, $5k in stereo equip. gone, glove box destroyed(i kept it locked) everything was just thrashed. trunk was broken into(pried)

the cops suck when it comes to finding your stolen car(more important things to chase I guess)

next time I have a car stolen, I'll look for it myself. Now that I have a good idea of where they(theives) take them.

The one guy is right though, if the bad guys want something bad enough they'll take it. sad but true. oh well, good luck to everyone.

Later, Jason