All American Shootout - August 9-11 2013 - Gateway Motorsports Park

You should be able to. See the schedule. Chances are always good that they will run a bit behind due to oil downs, congestion from the number of cars/classes, etc.

DOUGGN, I have a schedule from the track posted above. If you can't read it, let me know.

Wow...that did not save well at all. It would not let me dump the whole Word doc file the track sent me, so I segmented it up.

This any easier to read?

Attachments

• Event Schedule-1.pdf
    15.6 KB · Views: 159
I have updated the event schedule. Looks like the times for these classes will be later in the afternoon on Saturday.

Have you looked at the schedule, perchance?

Neither I, nor our local club are actually running anything but the TR and GS classes. When they say its time for our classes, we'll get the entrants to run. Their schedule has a lot of detail about other classes, and anything I would post would just rehash the posted schedule. I could not post it inline for some reason (on this site, but it posted fine on others) , but you should be able to read if fine on the PDF file attached above.

For clarity, the TR and GS classes will have time runs (I suppose they serve as qualifying runs) on Saturday, and at least one (also a time/qualifying pass) on Sunday. Then the competition begins later on Sunday.

For clarity, the TR and GS classes will have time runs (I suppose they serve as qualifying runs) on Saturday, and at least one (also a time/qualifying pass) on Sunday. Then the competition begins later on Sunday.
Thanks for the extra info. I would only able to be at the track saturday, and have not been to gateway in 15 years. I was just curious what would be the best class to be in since I would not be able to attend sunday. I apologize for causing confusion/stupid questions etc.

Thanks for clarifying. If you aren't set up to run the TSO/TSM/THS, you could run in the bracket program and get a full set of time runs and competition in.

In fact, any racer that wants to run in our classes can also run in one of the other classes as well. It might require you to be able to cool your car quickly at times, but there is no reason you could not run in a few different classes if you can.

For that matter, any Buick (even Regals with LS transplants) can run in the bracket program classes. There is prize money there, and none of the TR/GS class regulations are applicable. We are just trying to get enough cars to participate in the Buick classes to set the pathway for more Buick race activity (or possibly a dedicated event) in the future.

There are also show classes and prizes for those. Hard (or impossible) to both race and show, however.

Thanks for clarifying. If you aren't set up to run the TSO/TSM/THS, you could run in the bracket program and get a full set of time runs and competition in.

In fact, any racer that wants to run in our classes can also run in one of the other classes as well. It might require you to be able to cool your car quickly at times, but there is no reason you could not run in a few different classes if you can.

No- I don't suppose I am set up for those classes - In fact I don't know what most of them stand for or what is the requirements for one over the other.

I just want to come out and run the Buick see what it runs and have some fun

Certainly encourage all the participating in any class from the Buicks that we can!

Still looking for more
allamericanlogoweb2.jpg
racers and sponsors. Spread the word!

For clarity:

There are three TR-specific classes being run: TSO, TSM, THS. If you have a TR qualified to run in one of these classes, it will be $60 for Saturday and Sunday (one fee covering both days). The Friday T&T is $40. You may also run in other money classes if you wish.

The "Buick bracket" class is our all GS bracket class. If you have any Buick V8 powered GS of any year you may enter this class. Again, it will be $60 for Saturday and Sunday (one fee covering both days). The Friday T&T is $40. You may also run in other money classes if you wish.

Any other Buick vehicles (Buick powered or not) are encouraged to attend. You can show or race in any of the other classes appropriate for your vehicle. We can not have classes for everything, and we do not know what the attendance will be.

Note that the weather for this weekend looks great, and any rain expected will be limited. The pits are fully paved. The track is a national event NHRA track, and is able to deal with cleanups and track drying very well.

Each of the TR/GS classes will have a plaque and jacket from the track as a prize. Other cash and gift certificate prizes will be awarded in these classes as well.

http://www.gatewaymsp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/2013-All-American-Information-Revised-PDF-1.pdf

We want to thank our sponsors:

HR Parts N Stuff - http://www.hrpartsnstuff.com/
Arizona GN - http://www.arizonagn.com/
A & B Autobody - www.troyautobodyrepairs.com/ - Troy, IL
GRP Power Systems - http://www.grpmech.com/grppowersystems.php - Bethalto, IL

Weather for Friday may have rain in the early morning, but weather is supposed to clear as the day goes on. Saturday and Sunday look to be clear. Winds each day should be very light, and daytime temps should be in the mid 80s. There is flooding due to recent storms on I-44 southwest of the St. Louis metro area near Rolla / St. James, MO. If you are coming from the southwest, please check your route before you travel.

We encourage the Buick racers to pit near the speaker tower in the center area of the pits. We will try to hold some spaces early Friday and early Saturday, but there are many other racers and we can not hold spaces forever.

Note that our TR classes will be "heads up", and our "GS" class will be a bracket class for ANY Buick powered V8 vehicle. All other Buicks are encouraged to run in the bracket classes, and our class racers may run in any other class they wish provided they pay for that class as well.

All classes will have T&T and Qualifying runs on Saturday, and at least one run plus competition on Sunday.

Please call the track at (618) 215-8888 with any questions, or email the club at gatewaybpe@yahoo.com and we will try to answer them. This mail will be checked on race days as well.

Newest schedule I have seen is at http://www.gatewaymsp.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/2013-All-American-Information-Revised-PDF-1.pdf

We want to thank our sponsors:

HR Parts N Stuff - http://www.hrpartsnstuff.com/
Arizona GN - http://www.arizonagn.com/
A & B Autobody - www.troyautobodyrepairs.com/ - Troy, IL
GRP Power Systems - http://www.grpmech.com/grppowersystems.php - Bethalto, IL

Weather for Friday may have rain in the early morning, but weather is supposed to clear as the day goes on. Saturday and Sunday look to be clear. Winds each day should be very light, and daytime temps should be in the mid 80s. There is flooding due to recent storms on I-44 southwest of the St. Louis metro area near Rolla / St. James, MO. If you are coming from the southwest, please check your route before you travel.

We encourage the Buick racers to pit near the speaker tower in the center area of the pits. We will try to hold some spaces early Friday and early Saturday, but there are many other racers and we can not hold spaces forever.

Note that our TR classes will be "heads up", and our "GS" class will be a bracket class for ANY Buick powered V8 vehicle. All other Buicks are encouraged to run in the bracket classes, and our class racers may run in any other class they wish provided they pay for that class as well.

All classes will have T&T and Qualifying runs on Saturday, and at least one run plus competition on Sunday.

Please call the track at (618) 215-8888 with any questions, or email the club at gatewaybpe@yahoo.com and we will try to answer them. This mail will be checked on race days as well.

Per David Day:

We have $1000 dollars worth of cash and prizes to go to the winners and the track is going to give the winners a jacket and plaque!! Hope we have a good turnout.
DDay