Alky types

blackdeathtrap

smoking six barrel
I have an smc kit and my stock is running low on store both alky i have a few jars of homemade alky if you know what i mean it test at 99 on hydrometer can i use this in my alky kit or is this bad idee

You mean like moonshine? Don't run it in your car but you can send some my way :D there are alot of sources you can use. I would recommend methanol, you can get it from most places that sell race gas. You can run denatured alcohol, available at paint shops, home depot, Lowe's, Ace, etc. You can also run windshield washer fluid, this is basically a water alky mix. I've even heard is guys running HEET.

if its an smc bottle system with the pump in the tank , dont use anything with water in it . run straight denatured or methanol with a cap of klotz lube

I do to and thats safe for smc in tank pump kit
That I don't know, you might have to ask smc, or hopefully another member with that kit or pump can chime in. I do know Julio's kit has seals in the pump that can handle straight meth.

if its an smc bottle system with the pump in the tank , dont use anything with water in it . run straight denatured or methanol with a cap of klotz lube
Missed this, looks like pacecarta covered your question already

alcohol methanot is slightly corrosive , the pump is just a fuel pump made of metal so any alcohol will affect it.. denatured being the lesser corrosive thats why you add the lube to lubricate the pump that was designed for gasoline .
you can get cheap replacement pumps that will work for around 13 bucks on ebay and just tap the pump outlet with an 1/8npt die

Mines already modded with a high output pump i had from previouw build i just tested with 99.9 methyl hydrat and omg the cars a monster theres a huge difference bettewen methyl hydrat and isopropoline

So in reference to the Klotz Lube, I went to their website but wasn't sure which product you guys are referring to??? Can you let me know the exact stuff to buy, Thanks :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ahhh ok so if I'm running the Razor kit I can run Denatured, M1or M5 with no problems???

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

you can run anything thats not petroleum based
denate /water /meth or mixed of any but it will make tuning harder . best is just run the M1 methanol and stick with it so the tune stays consistent
if m5 has lube than no