Alky tuning question

OhioC5

Underwear model
I think I'm leaving some power on the table. At 26 to 27 lbs of boost my 60 lb injectors are at 63% duty cycle. This has me thinking that I'm relying too much on alky as fuel instead of just knock suppression. Here's a screen shot of a WOT run. It's hard to see the numbers, but the o2 correction through out the entire run is under 2-3%.

Do you think the injectors should be working harder to achieve fueling requirements? I have no KR and haven't had any knock in my tune ever. The alky controller internal settings are the way Julio shipped it. The main knob is on "6"

Thoughts on turning down the alky and adding fuel.
The energy content of gasoline is 124,340 BTU's
The energy content of methanol is 65,200 BTU's

If I turn down the alky and add fuel for VE correction will there be more power output or am I thinking too much?

My set up is basically an unmodified long block with bolt ons.

Screen shot.

If your looking for more power.. give a few more psi and up the timing as well.

Replacing a higher octane fuel with a lower one.. nah... I wouldn't. Looks like its working.. I don't think it will go any faster reducing the meth to add fuel. With the FAST its easy, drop the gain knob on the kit from 6 to 5 and the correction will go up.. see if it picks up.

Ok, that's what I was looking for, getting ready to update my thread. I only got 1 run at the track, went 11.53@115.6 leaving real soft.

Julio, do people generally run 30 lbs on alky? I'm probably at 26-27 right now, would 30 be considered the ragged edge, lol?

Julio, do people generally run 30 lbs on alky? I'm probably at 26-27 right now, would 30 be considered the ragged edge, lol?
See if increasing boost the car makes more MPH.. then your going in the right direction. When your motor doesn't breathe.. you have to make up for it with more boost. Thats why the progression to roller cams, ported heads, etc..

You have to watch MPH increase.. if it doesn't with boost, back it down.

Ok, I'll see what happens at 28-29, the tune is nice and safe, I feel confident the fueling needs are met. Can't remember if I told you this yet, but my timing is set at 18 degrees WOT, I tried 19 degrees, didn't have knock but lost 10 hp. It led me to believe the car likes 18. I see other guys running why higher timing. I didn't try raising the timing in lower gears yet. You know, it doesn't knock and I'm trying to avoid it like the plague.