Alky pump

gnman87

I have a Jay Carter Alky set up on my car.. and the pump isn't pumping..

Anyone one know where I can get a replacement?

thanks
j

pm Jay C on this board or SGRIM I'm sure they could direct you. All alky pumps leak/fail eventually. Some last longer than others.

I'm not sure what that uses but there are options for pumps depending on fittings and whatnot. Do you have a picture of it? I'm quite experienced with that stuff wouldn't mind helping you figure it out if the previously mentioned fellows aren't able to help you.

pumps

This is the same pump as here with a sticker and a valve. These are the small series the only bad part about them is they have a thermal limited that shuts the pump off when it gets hot internally. IMO that is not ideal with being at high boost on pump gas. Either way you can get that pump here:
SHURflo On-Demand Diaphragm Pump — 1 GPM, 60 PSI, 12 Volt, Model# 8000-541-236 | Sprayer Pumps | Northern Tool + Equipment

If you want to run alcohol or mixes I would recommend upgrading the valve inside. They sell a couple different models of the valve. Buna or epdm is preferred. Opinions vary on what is the best but they both get the job done. The standard valve inside shrinks under pressure/corrosive liquids. If you can afford the larger pump and do the valves that is a better way to do it but in the long run don't expect a pump to last forever. The money saved on not buying race gas is nice but put some back into the pump at needed intervals.