alky pump stopped working

NotchedPsi

i have a 3.8 in my notchback and has run very well but ran into an issue when i found out the meth pump didnt come on when i put car on dyno, datalogged showed air intake temp never dipped in temp and car went pretty lean. its a razor kit duel noxxle with progressive controller. need to find out how to test pump to to see if i comes on. kits worked great and pump still works when i hit purge button on controlled so the pump still works. thought maybe the map sencor was bad but car still runs great making that a non issue. 1985gn and turbotwister on here help me out with car but havent had time to look at it for me yet so i thought id pick some brains first to give them an idea on were to start. im not very eletrically inclined but any advice would be greatly appreciated thx guys

just because your ecu is working doesnt mean that the map sensor is connected properly to the alky controller box
with the test button depressed you say the pump works.... so that leaves the map signal to the pac box

test the green wire to the pac box (the black box with the big white sticker and slide off door)
key on engine off it should read 1.6 volts
if it doesnt check out at 1.6v follow the connections from the box back to the map sensor

just because your ecu is working doesnt mean that the map sensor is connected properly to the alky controller box
with the test button depressed you say the pump works.... so that leaves the map signal to the pac box

test the green wire to the pac box (the black box with the big white sticker and slide off door)
key on engine off it should read 1.6 volts
if it doesnt check out at 1.6v follow the connections from the box back to the map sensor
+1

If the test works.. then pump works.
If the kit doesnt activate under boost=map sensor issue. Hose, power to it, dirty connection/splice, etc.

Ok I ended up rewiring PAC boxs green wire and have all the right power and volts working as they should, im.thinking the slice connection on previous way I had it ran maybe broke contact possibly. As soon as I can make a test pass with it being datalogged ill update post, thanks to all that gave some imput its was greatly.appreciated. Hoping for first track day this Thursday

Maybe, test the system w/ a test air supply to the MAP?? [Might save driving over the crank, if it's still not working.]

ok after checkings volts which were all ok and connections, made a few test pulls lastnight but with no luck pump still does not activate under boost. back to drawing board, im goin to run test of map next like chuck leeper suggested and start rewiring hole kit.

ok ran air test with map sensor and pump came on when i blew 25 lbs of air into vacumm line to the map, checked volts at pac box and that seemed fine,

might have found a problem in dial controller tho, i opened it up bc the light on the controller never worked when i bought it, saw that connection broke, also looks like the transister or dio broke a connection as well... this is where ill need some advice i tryed to resodder the connection but i think i may have made it worse, does anyone have a diagram on what goes where? or if i should just send it out to have fixed at all possible? thx hope someone can help me out

ok after checkings volts which were all ok and connections, made a few test pulls lastnight but with no luck pump still does not activate under boost. back to drawing board, im goin to run test of map next like chuck leeper suggested and start rewiring hole kit.
Lets baby step this.

1) Voltage at MAP sensor green wire is 1.6 volts dc with ignition ON?
If so, map is wired correctly. If not.. fix MAP wiring.

2) If there are broken wires or such.. you should send the unit in for service. That then does a few things. 1) it allows testing 2) allows repairs to be made if possible 3) will let you know if problem was inside controller or on the car.

Troubleshooting electronics over the internet is hard. Doing so with a tampered/rigged up unit.. fugedaboutit.

Julio

yeah 1985gn(ryan) told me to do same thing send it in. next ? is where do i send it and should i send in just controller or hole unit? i def appreciate all the advice just wanna get this fixed asap so i can turn the wick up on this thing ans see what it can do. thx

yeah 1985gn(ryan) told me to do same thing send it in. next ? is where do i send it and should i send in just controller or hole unit? i def appreciate all the advice just wanna get this fixed asap so i can turn the wick up on this thing ans see what it can do. thx
My address if you ever need it is on the website. www.alkycontrol.com
10317 del mar circle
tampa FL 33624
send the controller with the issue in. Include your contact info with it. I open box and no name/address/phone.. it will sit on the shelf indef. Unless your having problems with another part of the kit.. thats all i'll need.

just got power back on after hurricane sandy hit me hard just curious if were able to find any problem with controller? and if so how do i pay u for helpin me out...

Its not in your car its the controller.

PM sent. Bad news :( Dont know if that resistor laying across the switch in the back of the control created the issue. Its 8 years old..