Alky problem

Found a leak cuz 1 morning went out after fillimg the tank the night before and the tank was empty..replced original line after 10 years...thats where the leak was..now light comes on but not spraying..cuz knock started at 15 lbs..pump turns on when test button pushed but car idles and doesnt bog down like it should..had a spare pump cuz i thought maybe it was the pump..same results. What could be going on..ive never had a problem in 10+ years..because the line was empty and pump, did pump loose its prime or doesnt that matter it should reprime itsself when methonal starts moving through?

Found a leak cuz 1 morning went out after fillimg the tank the night before and the tank was empty..replced original line after 10 years...thats where the leak was..now light comes on but not spraying..cuz knock started at 15 lbs..pump turns on when test button pushed but car idles and doesnt bog down like it should..had a spare pump cuz i thought maybe it was the pump..same results. What could be going on..ive never had a problem in 10+ years..because the line was empty and pump, did pump loose its prime or doesnt that matter it should reprime itsself when methonal starts moving through?
Push the prime button while someone looks around for leaks. Or, power-up the car and do not start the engine. Listen for leaks. If that don't work, add 25 psi of pressure to the alky map sensor using a piece of vacuum tubing on your blow nozzle. Make sure you turn down the regulator on your compressor so you don't pump 180psi into the sensor. Start there first. If that doesn't tell you enough, take the nozzle out of the inlet pipe and watch if it sprays.

If the leak doesn't expose it's self.......move on to the electrical connections.

Ok thanks...just getting up..bothering me all night thinking about it. Its nice and cool here and i wanna drive it..so what about the pump being primed after replcing the line that was leaking everything was empty. Did the pump need a prime or should that take care of its self when the test button is pushed.

No prime needed. Just push the button. I assume you didn't do some sort of a custom install? The pump should be lower than the reservoir, correct? No funny loops in the 'reservoir to pump' line?

Everything is where it. Should be..yes pump lower than tank..its worked for 10+ years never an issue until a leak in the line from tank to pump..which i replaced yeaterday ..same lenght line that i got from Julio..just new and improved. . Pump runs when test button pushed just. Then when i start it and push it ..car doesnt bog down like it should..so no meth getting sprayed

Everything is where it. Should be..yes pump lower than tank..its worked for 10+ years never an issue until a leak in the line from tank to pump..which i replaced yeaterday ..same lenght line that i got from Julio..just new and improved. . Pump runs when test button pushed just. Then when i start it and push it ..car doesnt bog down like it should..so no meth getting sprayed
Maybe so, maybe not. If your motor is cold and the RPM's are high, it may not bog as much as you anticipate. But you may already know this.

Just have a friend look and listen around. If that don't work, add a little pressure to the map (increases alky) take the inlet pipe off while the car is powered up and look while you test it again.

Use your nose too.

I checked the lines ..meth getting to pump ..i loosened the line and it started to leak..took line off to the up pipe..nothing getting that far...its dry except for a few drip..let the hang to the ground and tested it..nothing came out. How do you do that twst with the map sensor?

I checked the lines ..meth getting to pump ..i loosened the line and it started to leak..took line off to the up pipe..nothing getting that far...its dry except for a few drip..let the hang to the ground and tested it..nothing came out. How do you do that twst with the map sensor?
I only say to pressurize the map sensor because if it's a small leak it may be more noticeable if the pump output is increased. Otherwise don't even bother.

But, if you want to test the system under boost without driving it at WOT, then add boost.

Power up the car but don't start it. Pull the vacuum tube off the sensor. Then take a spare piece of vacuum tube and put it on the end of your compressors blow gun. Turn down the regulator to about 25 psi. Put your finger over the vac line on the gun and pull the trigger to check the psi on the blow gun nozzle. If its about right then apply the vac gun on your blow gun to the sensor and pull the trigger slowly. This imitates boost.

At this point, alky should be spraying like crazy. Just as if you were on a WOT pass at 25PSI. If not, you have a problem. And if it's leaking, you will find out soon enough. If it's not leaking or spraying, and electrical connections and fuses are OK, send the pump back to Julio.

Check the nozzle too. I skipped mentioning this stuff because I figured it would be the first thing you did. Right?

Just checked the filter and had that apart and just put back on..everything seemed fine..no contaniments came out or anything

Since the pump runs and you tried another pump I suspect a blocked line. Or a blocked feed in the meth tank. Piece of plastic or etc. Blow out the lines both directions with compressed air.

Line from tank to pump clear ..thats brand new..the tank clear and the 90 degree coming out of tank to the line clear. Filter clear line from filter to up pipe clear..the 12 inch line from pump to before filter..ill check tomorrow for a blockage..gave up for the day..other than that unless it just cant get primed..i do t inow what else could be wrong

Surprisingly no, i hooked up the other pump which i knew also worked and just poured water in it as the test button was pushed and water came out the other side..so I just unbolted the other pump and did the same. Hooked everything back up and just left the up pipe line off and hit the test button and wouldnt you know, water came out. Pump just needed to be primed. Back in business

Strange, I never had that problem. Gravity is all that I ever needed. Well, I guess you could get an air pocket/bubble that just makes it a pain in the ass sometimes.

I'm glad to see you got it all fixed up. I'll be sure to check that if I ever have a problem like yours. Thanks for sharing.